QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Network Switch, SC Duplex
QuickSwitch® Model 6286K Fiber Optic Mirror A/B Switch, 1300 nm SC Duplex, Multimode with Remote and Keylock
- PORT CONNECTORS: (3) SC Duplex Fiber Optic rear-panel connectors, A, B, and COMMON.
- CONTROL: (1) Front-panel pushbutton to select A or B.
- (1) Front-panel Keylock to select "Key Pass" or "OFFLINE.
- DISPLAY: (2) Front-panel red LEDs display switch position A or B and indicate power presence.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- SUPERVISORY REMOTE PORT: (1) DB9 female serial RS232 port.
- DIMENSIONS: 8" W x 3.0" H x 8" D (20.3 x 7.6 x 20.3 cm)
- WEIGHT: 2.8 lbs. (1.3 kg)
- WAVELENGTH: 1300 nanometers.
- FIBER SIZE: 62.5/125 Micron
SC DUPLEX A/B SWITCH WITH REMOTE and KEYLOCK:
The application drawing illustrates a Fiber Optic Network connected to the SC Duplex COMMON port accessing two other Fiber Optic Networks connected to the SC Duplex A and B ports.
A front-panel Keylock in the "Off-Line" position locks out the front-panel pushbutton. The Keylock in the "Key Pass" position allows the user to change switch position via the front-panel pushbutton. The DB9 REMOTE port cannot be locked out using the "KEYLOCK". The DB9 REMOTE port can be used to control the switch via ASCII RS232 commands.
- Access either of two SC Duplex Fiber Optic networks from one computer connected to an SC Duplex COMMON port.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Keylock on the front panel selects “Key Pass” or “Off-Line”.
- “Key Pass” position allows user to change switch position via front-panel pushbutton
- “Off-Line” position locks out the front-panel pushbutton but does not lockout the DB9 Remote Control port.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All fiber signals are switched via break-before-make MEMS-based mirror/prism switch technology and support Gigabit data rates.
- Remote Control RS232 ASCII command interface that allows the user to control switch position.
- Front panel LED’s display present position and power status.
- All A, B, and COM ports are SC Duplex, Multi-mode, 62.5/125 micron, and support a wavelength of 1300nm.
- If power to the Model 6286K is lost, the unit will default to the A position and continue to pass data.
- When power is restored, the unit remains in the A position.
- Municipalities, schools, government: This product on GSA Schedule!
- For a similar switch, available without a keylock, see Model 6286, Catalog No. 306186.
QuickSwitch® 6286K Multimode SC Duplex A/B, 1300 nm all optical switch, is designed with fiber optic mirror/prism technology. The signal is received by the unit as an optical signal over the fiber strand, is redirected by mirror/prism mechanisms, and leaves the unit as an optical signal over a fiber strand.
The Model 6286K allows a fiber optic device connected to the unit’s SC Duplex COMMON connector to access either of the two fiber optic networks connected to the A, B ports. Switch position can be changed via an A/B
front-panel pushbutton, or by a serial RS232 device connected to the rear panel Remote port. If power to the Model 6286K is lost, the unit will default to the A position and continue to pass data.
SC connector offers excellent packing density, and its push-pull design resists fiber end face contact damage during connection. Ceramic connectors provide low signal loss, high reliability, and long life. Call for custom length fiber optic cables. Have them shipped along with your unit.
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE (Cat. No. 517277) CE, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC-240VAC, 50Hz-60Hz for use in place of the standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here for GSA details.
Model 6286K is available to government purchasers on our GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Call for discounted price and terms.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our FIBER OPTIC CABLE Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online custom product request form.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Switches are available in many configurations: auto fallback, switch/converters, multimode & single mode, and secure off-line positions. Interfaces include: SC, ST, LC, and ESCON. Check out our complete line of QuickSwitch® fiber optic switches.
QuickSwitch® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateurs à fibres optiques, interruptores de fibra óptica, switch in fibra ottica , switches de fibra óptica, fiberoptiska switcher.