Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, Cat5e
Model 7009 RJ45 CAT5e A/B/Off-Line Switch Modules with Contact Closure Remote Control Port
100Base-T, CAT5e Compliant, Modular Expandable System!
Absolutely NO data passes through the switch when in the OFFLINE position!
The ultimate FIREWALL!
SPECIFICATIONS: Each Model 7009 Switch Module
- PORT CONNECTORS: (3) RJ45 female connectors on rear panel labeled A, B, and COM.
- LEADS SUPPORTED: All 8 pins switched.
- CONTROL: (1) Pushbutton on front panel selects A, B, or Off-Line.
- DISPLAY: (2) Port Status Tri-State LED's on front panel.
- REMOTE: (1) RJ45 female connector on rear panel accepts contact closure for Remote Control.
- POWER: Model 7009 module is powered from the Model 9030 Rack. Power bus cable (Cat No 981807) distributes power to all modules in the rack.
- MODULE SIZE: 2" W x 5" H x 7" D. (5.1 x 12.7 x 17.8 cm)
- WEIGHT: 0.8 lbs. (0.4 kg)
SPECIFICATIONS: Model 9030 Rack with Power
- Rack Size: 19" W x 5.25" H x 6.91" D. (48.3 x 13.3 x 17.6 cm)
- Weight: 3.3 lbs (1.5 kg)
- Power: UL Approved 100VAC/240VAC, 50/60 Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500 mA to the unit. (Cat No 523520) Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
OPTION Wide Range Power Module: (Cat No 514296) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz for use in place of standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
PathWay® Model 7009 CAT5e A/B/OFFLINE SWITCH MODULE APPLICATION w/CONTACT CLOSURE REMOTE:
The drawing illustrates one Model 7009 module. The Model 9030 rack can hold up to eight Model 7009 modules. Each module has a COMMON device connected to the RJ45 COM port accessing two other devices connected to the A and B ports. There are three positions, "A", "B" and "OFFLINE". The OFFLINE position is Secure Mode; no data passes through the switch. The RJ45 Remote port accepts Contact Closure for Remote Control operation. The power bus cable (Cat No 981107) distributes power to all modules from the power supply module included with the Model 9030 rack system.
FEATURES (Model 7009 Switch Modules):
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All (8) pins of the RJ45 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- The unit maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Local control via front-panel pushbutton.
- Remote Contact Closure control and status provide dry contact logic to allow control of the switch position.
- Jumper allows selection of legacy mode for legacy applications.
- Front panel LED's display current position and power status.
- Certified for Cat 5e compliance.
- The Model 7009 is a modular rack-mount switch and is sold in conjunction with the Model 9030 rack.
FEATURES (Model 9030 Rack):
- Model 9030 Rack can accommodate up to eight Model 7009 Switch Modules.
- Model 9030 Rack includes a power supply module, which is responsible for powering all the switches in the rack. A power bus cable (included) distributes the power among the modules
The PathWay® Model 7009 Switch allows the user the capability of accessing two separate devices, ports A and B, via connection through a device connected to the Common port. The switch may be controlled manually via the front panel pushbutton or remotely from the RJ45 Control port located on the rear of the unit. Switch position state may be attained via the front panel LED.
The Model 9030 Rack with Power Module accommodates up to 8 Model 7009 Switch Modules. The Model 9030 both holds the Model 7009 modules and provides power to all modules with the included power bus cable.
Expand your system by adding switch modules!
System Expands to meet your needs!
This modular approach to switch system requirements allows expansion to more channels on an as-needed basis. Filler panels are available to attractively cover unused module slots (See Model 9008, Cat No 305983 for 2-inch filler panel)
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here for GSA details.
Model 7009 Switch Module is available to government purchasers on our GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Call for discounted price and terms.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.