QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Network Switch, SC Duplex
QuickSwitch® 4184 Fiber Optic SC Duplex 100BASE-FX A/B Switch with Remote Port
Provides SC 100BASE-FX Fiber Optic Link Backup
- PORT CONNECTORS: (3) SC Duplex fiber optic connectors labeled A, B, and COMMON.
- FIBER OPTIC INTERFACE: Wavelength 1300 nm, speed 100 Mbps, multimode fiber, full duplex transmission, Fiber Size 62.5/125 micron.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Pushbutton to select port A or B.
- DISPLAY: (2) Red LEDs display switch position and indicate power presence.
- SUPERVISORY REMOTE: (1) DB9 female connector on rear panel accepts ASCII RS232 Serial Data for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: UL approved 115 VAC / 60 Hz, wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500 mA to the unit.
- DIMENSIONS: Desktop: 8.11"W x 2.41" H x 7.66" D. (10.5 x 6.2 x 19.5 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approx. 1.7 lbs. (0.8 kg)
SC DUPLEX 100BASE-FX A/B NETWORK TRANSFER APPLICATION:
The drawing illustrates an SC Duplex Fiber optic two position switch. A network connected to the SC Duplex COMMON port can access either of two networks via the SC Duplex Ports A or B. The DB9 Remote port accepts ASCII RS232 Serial Data Commands for Remote Control operation, upon proper authentification (password protected remote).
Model 4184 QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Switch Features:
- allows quick connection to any one of two SC networks or devices from one COMMON device.
- The internal circuitry insures isolation between the devices/networks.
- Service protocol transparent.
- Bit-rate and data transparent.
- Optical data throughput scalability.
- All fiber ports are SC duplex, multimode, 62.5/125 micron and support a wavelength of 1300 nm.
- Eliminates the need to plug and unplug cables.
- Local control via front-panel pushbutton.
- Remote control port allows off-site monitoring and switch management.
- The Remote port accepts RS232 Serial Data commands for switch position control and monitoring.
- Secure Setup/Configuration access limited by password protection.
- Front panel pushbutton control can be locked out, remotely.
- Ideal for fallback applications.
- Front-panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- Data will not pass through the unit during power loss.
- When power is restored, the unit will return to its previous position.
- Custom length rigorously tested and certified, SC Duplex fiber optic cables are available for your switch installation.
- Municipalities, schools, government:This product is on GSA Schedule!
Electro Standards can supply all your Fiber Optic Cable requirements. Please click here to reach our Fiber Optic Cable Webpage.
Order Electro Standards Laboratories Custom Length SC Fiber Optic Cables!
All Electro Standards Labs cables are performance tested and certified!
- Click on the QR code for Online Custom Fiber Optic Cable Form
- Scan QR Code with your smart phone for phone access.
- Click on the DETAILED SPEC icon above on the right for spec sheet
- with the Fiber Optic Cable Form on page 2 to be printed, and faxed.
The switch may be controlled locally by manually operating the front-panel pushbutton. The front-panel LED display indicates the switch position and unit power status.
This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here for GSA details.
Model 4184 is available to government purchasers on our GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Call for discounted price and terms.
TO READ THE ARTICLE EITHER CLICK THE LINK OR APPLICATION ICON AT TOP OF PAGE: "HOW TO DETERMINE THE RIGHT FIBER OPTIC NETWORK BACKUP SWITCH FOR YOUR APPLICATION", click link to read as a pdf. You need Acrobat Reader to view the file.
QuickSwitch® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Switches are available in many configurations: auto fallback, switch/converters, multimode & single mode, and secure off-line positions. Check out our complete line of QuickSwitch® fiber optic switches.
For custom fiber optic network switches contact our friendly sales support staff at 401-943-1164; or email: email@example.com, or complete our online Custom Product Request form.
Electro Standards can supply all your Fiber Optic Cable requirements.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateurs à fibres optiques, interruptores de fibra óptica, switch in fibra ottica, switches de fibra óptica, fiberoptiska switcher.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.