RJ45 Manual Network Switch, Cat5e, Rotary Switch
Model 8163 3-Position RJ45 Cat5e A/B Rotary Switch Assembly, No Enclosure
High quality cabled RJ45 Cat5e A/B Switch, ready for installation into your custom enclosure.
Applicable to switching ANY RJ45 interface device.
- PORT CONNECTORS:
- (2) RJ45 male connectors labeled A and B
- (1) RJ45 female connector labeled COMMON.
- THREE SWITCH POSITIONS: (1) Rotary switch selects COM to A, COM to B, or A to B.
- PINS SWITCHED: All 8 pins are switched.
- POWER: No Power required. Manually operated.
- WEIGHT: Approximately, 0.2 lb., (0.4 kg)
- LEG LENGTHS: 11" (27.9 cm)
CAT5e 3-POSITION RJ45 ROTARY SWITCH APPLICATION w/NO ENCLOSURE:
Designed for installation in any custom enclosure.
CAT5e A/B SWITCH FUNCTION DIAGRAM: The 3-Position Model 8163 Function Diagram shows two Male RJ45 port connectors, (RJ45 A port, RJ45 B port) and one Female RJ45 port connector (COMMON Port). A device connected to the COMMON port can access one of two devices connected to the RJ45 A and RJ45 B ports or to connect ports A and B to each other.
CUSTOM LEG LENGTHS ARE AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST. CALL FOR QUOTE.
- (2) RJ45 male connectors labeled A and B and (1) RJ45 female connector labeled COMMON.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All (8) pins of the RJ45 interface are switched via break-before-make rotary switch.
- No power required for operation.
- Switch and cabled RJ45's allow install into custom enclosures.
- Leg Lengths: 11" (27.9 cm)
- Certified Cat 5e compliance.
- Rotary Switch with A/B/COM RJ45's – The switch has the RJ45's soldered and labeled appropriately. The washer and nut for installing the switch is provided on the switch.
- Knob – To be installed on the rotary switch shaft to facilitate turning the switch. (P/N 502241).
- Icons – Blue/Black/Red icons (1 of each) provided that show a "Computer" image on one side and a "Telephone" image on the other. These are used to secure the RJ45 COMMON port once installed in an enclosure.
- Allen Wrench – The 1/16" Allen wrench provided for installing the knob (P/N 507460).
The LineSelect® Model 8163 3-Position RJ45 Cat5e Rotary Switch allows the user the capability of accessing two separate devices, ports A and B, via connection through a device connected to the Common port, or to connect ports A and B to each other. The LineSelect® Model 8163 is provided as a rotary switch with cabled RJ45's for installation into any custom enclosure. No power is required for operation.
LineSelect® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.