Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, DB37, DB9
Multi Interface Copper Network Switches
Model 7243 Triple-Channel Multi-Interface A/B Switch with Serial Remote Control Port
Ideal for News Media & Broadcast Network Applications.
- PORT CONNECTORS:
- Channel 1: (3) DB37 connectors labeled A, B, and COMMON.
- Channel 2: (3) DB9 connectors labeled A, B, and COMMON.
- Channel 3: (3) DB9 connectors labeled A, B, and COMMON.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Manual pushbutton allows local switching.
- DISPLAY: (2) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE: (1) DB9 female connector on rear panel accepts ASCII RS232 Serial Data for Remote Control Operation.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount 19.0" W x 1.75" H x 8.0"D. (1U rack height) (48.3 x 4.4 x 20.4 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 4.8 lbs. (2.2 kg)
MULTI INTERFACE, DB37 & DB9 TRIPLE CHANNEL APPLICATION WITH RS232 REMOTE:
The drawing illustrates a COMMON device connected to the COMMON port with access to two other devices, A, and B connected to the A and B ports labeled A and B for each channel. There is a DB9 Remote port for Remote Management of the unit using RS232 ASCII Commands.
- All COM ports are male
- All A and B ports are female
- One channel of DB37 connectors
- Two channels of DB9 Connectors)
- Three channels of A/B Switching:
- (1) Channel DB37, (2) Channels of DB9.
- All A/B port connectors, (2) DB37 & (4) DB9, are female gender.
- All COMMON port connectors, (1) DB37 & (2) DB9, are male gender.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All (37) pins of the DB37 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- Pins, 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, and 8 of the DB9 interfaces are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- Switch maintains position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Simultaneous Control of all channels
- Remote RS232 ASCII commands that allow the user to control the switch position, lockout front panel operations and obtain switch status.
- Front panel LED's display present position and power status.
- Municipalities, schools, government: This product is on GSA Schedule!
The PathWay Model 7243 Tri-Channel Multi Interface A/B Switch with RS232 Serial Remote allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device, connected to the "COMMON" port, among two other devices connected to the "A" and "B" ports for each channel, with remote access functionality. The Multi-Interface is comprised of (1) channel of DB37 and (2) channels of DB9. The Model 7243 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal, black chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shielding and fit in a standard 19" rack.
The switch may be controlled manually by the front panel pushbutton or remotely from the RS232 Serial Remote Port located on the rear of the unit. Switch position status may be attained via the front panel LED display or the RS232 Serial Remote port located on the rear of the unit.
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE
(Cat No 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100 VAC - 240 VAC, 50Hz/60Hz for use in place of standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here for GSA details.
Model 7243 is available to government purchasers on our GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Call for discounted price and terms.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.