Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, DB25, RS530
Model 7747 Single Channel RS530 DB25 A/B Switch with Cutoff Position, and Remote Control Port
Absolutely NO data passes through the switch when in the Cutoff Position.
The ultimate FIREWALL!
- PORT CONNECTORS:
- (2) DB25 male connectors labeled A and B.
- (1) DB25 female connector labeled COM.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Manual pushbutton allows local switching.
- DISPLAY: (3) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE CONTROL: (1) DB9 female connector on rear panel accepts Contact Closure or RS232 Serial Date for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: Model 7747 is powered by internal power supply. Plug the IEC 60320 C14 inlet on the rear panel into a 100VAC-240VAC, 50-60 receptacle.
- FUSE RATING: The fuse rating for the PathWay® Model 7747 is .16A/250V. The fuse time lag (Slo-BIO®) and comes in a 5 mm x 20 mm cartridge.
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount: 19.0" W x 10.4" D x 1.75" H . [48.3 x 26.5 x 4.4 cm]
- WEIGHT: Approximately 5.3 lbs [2.4 kg]
RS530 DB25 A/B w/CUTOFF, Contact Closure, RS232, APPLICATION:
The drawing illustrates a Shared Device connected to the DB25 female connector port labeled COMMON and Device A and Device B are connected to two DB25 male connector ports labeled A and B. There are two position choices shown, Position A selects Device A and Position B selects Device B. The DB9 REMOTE port is used to control the unit via Contact Closure or RS232 Commands. The Cutoff Position is managed by choosing the Default Position A or B via RS232 Commands.
- A and B ports are DB25 male.
- COM port is DB25 female.
- Switch one RS530 interface channel to either “A”, “B”, or full “CUTOFF” for secure isolation.
- The DB25 connectors for A/B/COMMON ports are M/M/F.
- All (25) pins of the DB25 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- On power loss, unit reverts to a cutoff position that isolates all communication ports.
- When power is restored, the unit automatically switches to the Default Position set by the user via RS232 commands.
- Remote RS232 ASCII commands that allow the user to control switch position, default position, lock and unlock front panel operations, obtain switch status, as well as query firmware version number.
- Remote Contact Closure control provides dry contact logic to allow the control of the switch position.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Front panel LED’s display switch position and power status.
- Attractive black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Custom length DB25 data cables for this switch are available.
The PathWay® Model 7747 RS530 DB25 A/B Switch with Cutoff and RS232 and Contact Closure Remote allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device, connected to the “COMMON” port among two other devices connected to the “A” and “B” ports. The unit allows the user to set the switch to the “CUTOFF” position, which stops any, and all data throughput for the switch.
The switch may be controlled locally by manually operating the front panel push button or remotely from the DB9 female Remote port located on the rear of the unit, via Contact Closure or RS232 ASCII commands. The front panel LED display indicates the switch position and unit power status.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online Custom Product Request form.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur de réseau, conmutador de red, switch di rete, przelacznik sieciowy, switch de rede, nätverksswitch,