Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch
Model 7254 Dual Channel RS530 Mode-S Data Switch, DB25 Interface with Exclusive Automatic Remote Control & Monitoring
- PORT CONNECTORS: (8) DB25 (F) connectors, (4) for each channel, labeled MPSA-IN, MPSB-IN, MPSA-OUT, MPSB-OUT.
- DISPLAY: (4) LED's, (2) for each channel, labeled A and B. The LEDs indicate channel switch position and power status.
- REMOTE CONTROL: (1) DB25(F) connector accepts custom contact closure logic symbols.
- POWER: UL approved wall mount 110/120VAC, 60Hz power module supplies 12 VDC, 500mA to the unit.
- DIMENSIONS: Slim rackmount 19" W x 1.75" H x 8.0" D (48.3 x 4.4 x 20.3 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 4.5 lbs (2.0 kg)
PathWay® Model 7254 Dual Channel RS520 Mode-S, DB25 Interface, with Exclusive Remote Control application:
The drawing illustrates a dual channel switch with DB25 interface with two Independent Channels. Each channel has an A/B function and permits data to stream to either the MPSA OUT or MPSB OUT (Only one position for each channel can stream data at a time).
The switch has a DB25 SMART REMOTE Control which accepts contact closure logic symbols (Custom Contact Remote Control).
- The switched ports are transparent to all data.
- The DTR / DCD lines of the RS530 interface are switched based on desired position, TXD, TXC are passed through the unit from IN to OUT at all times.
- Channels 1 & 2 are switched independently.
- Switch data activity may be monitored via the Remote port.
- Switch position can be interpreted / read by status pins that are part of the Remote port.
- Switch position is managed by the device connected to the Remote port, exclusively.
- Front panel LEDs display the current switch position and power status.
- Switches are latching and maintain their position during power loss.
- Twelve pins per channel are supported (4 pins switched, 8 pins bussed through).
- Municipalities, schools, government: This Product is on GSA Schedule!
The PathWay® Model 7254 Dual Channel RS-530 Mode-S, AB Switch with DB25 Interface, Remote Control and Auto-Switching Functions allows the user two independent channels of A/B switch function. The A/B function permits data on input MPS ports from either of two devices connected to ports MPSA-IN and MPSB-IN, to stream through to output ports MPSA-OUT and MPSB-OUT, respectively. Only one position, A or B, may stream data at a time for each channel. The Model 7254 is configured to mount in a standard 19-inch equipment rack within 1U of rack space.
The switch is controlled remotely from a device connected to its REMOTE port. The Remote port has a custom interface DB25 connector located on the rear of the unit. The various status, monitoring and control signals present on this port allow the switch to be managed by a device capable of interpreting these signals and also, based on these signals, issue control commands to be executed by the switch. Details of operation are discussed in Operator's Manual.
The switch position status is displayed on the front panel LEDs. There are no local control buttons on the unit (Exclusive Remote Control). All position control is managed via the Remote port.
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE
(Cat No 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100 VAC / 240 VAC, 50Hz/60Hz for use in place of standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here for GSA details.
Model 7254 Dual Channel RS530 Mode-S Switch, DB25 Interface, with Exclusive Automatic Remote Control unit is available to government purchasers on our GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Call for discounted price and terms.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.