PathWay® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, Cat5e, RJ45
Model 7343 CAT5e RJ45 A/B Switch with Remote Control Via Contact Closure
- Provides reliable network backup for mission critical systems!
- PORT CONNECTORS: (3) RJ45 (F) ports A, B, and COMMON.
- COMPLIANCE: Interface meets or exceeds Category 5e performance.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Manual pushbutton to select port A or B.
- DISPLAY: (2) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE CONTROL PORT: (1) DB9(F) REMOTE connector accepts
dry contact closure signals from a remote device.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz wall mount power supplies
12 VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount, 19.0" W x 1.75" H x 8.14" D. (48.3 x 4.4 x 20.7 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 4.2 lbs. (1.9 kg)
CAT5e A/B NETWORK APPLICATION WITH CONTACT CLOSURE: The drawing illustrates a Cat5e Network connected to the COMMON port accessing two other Cat5e Networks connected to the RJ45 A and B ports. The switch may be controlled via the DB9 Remote using Dry Contact Closure signals.
- Allows quick connection to any one of two RJ45 interface devices from one COMMON device.
- Local control via front panel pushbutton.
- Eliminates the need to plug and unplug cables.
- Great solution for fallback applications.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All (8) pins of the RJ45 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- The unit maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Upon power up, the unit switches based on the state of Contact Closure.
- The Remote Control port accepts Dry Contact Closure commands for switch position control and front panel lockout.
- Front panel LED's display present position and power status.
- Certified for Cat 5e compliance.
- Attractive all metal black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Expected life, minimum operations, 108
- Switch time approximate 3.5 msec.
- Custom length data cables are available.
- Electro Standards can design Cat 5e switches to meet your specific requirements.
- Municipalities, schools government: This product is on GSA Schedule!
The PathWay® Model 7343 Single Channel RJ45 Cat 5e A/B Switch with Contact Closure Remote allows the user the capability of accessing two separate devices, connected to ports A and B, via connection through a device connected to the Common port. The Model 7343 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal black chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shielding and fit in a standard rack.
The switch may be controlled manually via the front panel pushbutton control or remotely from a DB9 port located on the rear of the unit. Switch position state may be attained via the front panel LED.
Wide Range Power Option Available: (Cat. No. 517277) CE, RoHS and UL listed table mount power module,100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz for use in place of standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
- This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here or on GSA icon for details.
PathWay® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
Custom Network Switches are available. Contact us by phone, email, or complete the Online Custom Products Form. /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
Electro Standards can supply all of your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are availabe for export.