QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Network Switch, LC Duplex
QuickSwitch® 6301 Single Channel LC Duplex A/B Switch with Telnet and GUI
IP Addressable for Critical Network Alternate-Path Switching!
- FIBER SIZE & WAVELENGTH: 50/125 micron, wavelength 850 nm.
- PORT CONNECTORS: (3) LC duplex connectors labeled A, B, and COMMON.
- CONTROL: (1) Pushbutton allows selection of switch position.
- DISPLAY: (2) Red LED's display switch position and power status.
- SUPERVISORY REMOTE CONTROL: (1) RJ45 (F) connector accepts 10/100 BASE-T LAN Ethernet uses both TELNET commands and a GUI interface for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: UL Approved 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz./60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500 mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount, 19.0" W x 1.75" H x 8.71" D.
- (48.3 x 4.4 x 22.2 cm).
- WEIGHT: Approximately 4.1 lbs (1.9 kg).
LC DUPLEX A/B APPLICATION WITH TELNET & GUI REMOTE CONTROL:
The drawing illustrates a COMMON device connected to the LC Duplex COMMON port sharing between two networks, Fiber Optic Network A and Fiber Optic Network B connected to the LC Duplex A and B ports. The RJ45 Remote port allows either Telnet commands or user-friendly GUI software for Remote Control Operation. REMOTE is password protected.
- Access any one of two LC Duplex fiber optic networks from one computer.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All fiber signals are switched via break-before-make MEMS-based mirror/prism switch technology.
- Switch maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- When power is restored, unit maintains its position and continues to pass data.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Control of the switch position from a 10/100Base-T LAN Ethernet environment. IP addressable.
- Remote Control Telnet Command Interface that allows the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations, obtain switch status, as well as query firmware version, query serial number and enable/disable autosend of switch positions.
- Graphical User Interface that allows the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations, and obtain switch status.
- Remote control of the switch is password protected.
- Front panel LED's display present position and power status.
- All A, B, and COM ports are LC, Multi-mode, 50/125 micron, and support a wavelength of 850 nm.
- The fiber ports are configured per TIA/EIA-568-B.3, where the TX of the COM port is routed to the RX of the A/B ports and vice versa.
The QuickSwitch® 6301 Single Channel LC Duplex A/B Switch with Telnet and GUI allows the user the capability of sharing a single LC Duplex interface device, connected to the "COMMON" port, among two other devices, connected to the "A" and "B" ports. The QuickSwitch® 6301 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal, black chassis designed to fit in a standard 19" rack.
Remote access can be accomplished using an Ethernet 10/100Base-T connection with either a Telnet or GUI Session. Proper authentication is required for remote access via the 10/100Base-T connection. Users can then monitor status, lockout front panel pushbutton control, and control switch position.
Option: Wide Range Power Supply: (Cat No. 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC/240VAC, 50/60Hz for use in place of the standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
UTILIZING THE USER-FRIENDLY REMOTE GRAPHICAL USER INTERFACE SOFTWARE
To connect to the switch from a workstation or computer having access to the LAN that the QuickSwitch® 6301 LAN port is connected to, simply launch a standard web browser and type in the appropriate IP address. The Java Applet will be automatically uploaded from the switch upon connection. The environment requirement for the GUI is Java 1.7 and above.
Figure 1: GUI in Standard Web Browser
LOGGING into the Remote Control GUI
Once logged in, the user can perform one of several actions:
- Change the switch position.
- Lockout control of the switch's front panel
- Obtain switch status
- Change the login password
- Re-configure the switch's IP address
Figure 2: Model 6301 GUI Login screen
CHANGING POSITION AND LOCK STATUS
To change the switch position, click on the radio button “A” or “B” as desired. Locking and unlocking the front panel pushbutton can be done by clicking on the “Locked” or “Unlocked” radio buttons. See Figure 3.
Figure 3: Change the switch position and lockout from the GUI.
QUERYING THE STATUS OF THE UNIT
Once connected, the GUI will stay up-to-date on the present position and status of the unit. Any changes that are made outside of the GUI, such as by pushbutton, will be reflected in the GUI. These changes will cause the radio buttons of the GUI to automatically change to show the new status. See Figure 4.
Figure 4: The GUI is alerted to changes in the unit status from a front-panel pushbutton operation.
TO READ THE ARTICLE EITHER CLICK THE LINK OR APPLICATION ICON AT TOP OF PAGE: "HOW TO DETERMINE THE RIGHT FIBER OPTIC NETWORK BACKUP SWITCH FOR YOUR APPLICATION", click link to read as a pdf. You need Acrobat Reader to view the file.
QuickSwitch® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Switches are available in many configurations: auto fallback, switch/converters, multimode & single mode, and secure off-line positions. Check out our complete line of QuickSwitch® fiber optic switches.
For custom fiber optic network switches contact our friendly sales support staff at 401-943-1164; or email: email@example.com, or complete our online Custom Product Request form.
Electro Standards can supply all your Fiber Optic Cable requirements.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateurs à fibres optiques, interruptores de fibra óptica, switch in fibra ottica, switches de fibra óptica, fiberoptiska switcher.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.