Model 900 EIA/TIA RS-530 Interface Analyzer
LED's Display Red, Green & Off to Indicate Signal Status
- Easy to use; plug and play
- Easy determination of proper data cable design
- Ask about DB9 EIA/TIA RS-422 and EIA/TIA RS-485 adapter kit
ESL Breakout Boxes / Interface Analyzers are Made in the USA.
The Model 900 EIA/TIA RS-530 Interface Analyzer is a diagnostic tool designed for use at the standard EIA/TIA RS-530 data interface of modems, multiplexers, terminals, and computers. It is simply inserted in series between the DTE (Data Terminal Equipment) and the DCE (Data Communications Equipment) to provide access to and monitoring of all data, timing and control signals.
The Model 900 is of optimum design. It utilizes red and green light emitting diodes to clearly display polarity, activity, and validity of all interface signals. Miniature slide switches allow the user to program a 'make' or 'break' for each signal at the DCE/DTE interface. Mini-patchcords are provided for cross-patching or loopback patching of signals at the front panel test point array.
A complete table of EIA/TIA RS-530/530-A standard interface signal descriptions is provided inside the unit for ready reference during testing. A covered compartment provides secure storage for mini-patchcords and an EIA/TIA ribbon cable. The Model 900 is battery powered for complete portability, pocket sized for convenience, and packaged in a sturdy aluminum case with metal hinge for durability in field use.
The Model 900 utilizes red and green light emitting diodes to indicate the status of key signals at the EIA/TIA data interface. The use of red and green indicators allows the maximum efficient monitoring of bipolar interface signals. They present the user with the maximum of signal status information.
- Logic face plate utilizes red and green LED's to clearly display polarity, activity, and validity of all interface signals
- Displays all EIA/TIA RS-530/530-A interface signals
- Supports EIA/TIA RS-530 and EIA/TIA RS-530-A
- Separate EIA/TIA cable facilitates use at either DCE or DTE end
- Test points to access all 25 pins of both DCE and DTE connector
- Can be utilized to determine custom cable designs
- Portable: lightweight, pocket-sized, battery powered
- External power supply optional. (Cat No. 527205R)
- Rugged aluminum case and metal hinge that will NOT break
- Tests synch or asynch modems, terminals, muxes
- Eight mini-patchcords provided for cross-patching or loopback patching of signals at front panel test point array
- Miniature slide switches allow the user to program a 'make' or 'break' for each signal at the DCE/DTE interface
- DB25 ribbon extension cable conveniently permits installation into any application
- Comprehensive User's Manual
- The Model 900 is available on our GSA Schedule #GS35F0286V to US State, Local, and Federal Government Purchasers.
- Input Signal: /-12V per EIA/TIA RS-422/485
- B – A < –0.3 = Red indication ("SPACE")
- B – A > 0.3 = Green indication ("MARK")
- A: Inverted (–); B: Non-Inverted ( )
- LED Circuit Input Impedance: Exceeds 120 ohm termination
- Operating Temperature: 0°C to 50°C
- Storage Temperature: –40°C to 90°C
- Humidity: 10% to 90% without condensation
- Size: 4.0" x 5.25" x 1.75" (10.2 x 13.3 x 4.5 cm)
- Weight: 1.1 lb (501.5 grams)
- Power: Two 9V, batteries
- Display: (15) Red and (15) Green LED indicators
- Test Points: 49 test points access all 25 pins on both DTE and DCE connector; One pair spare LED access test points; One set of three voltage test points (V–) (0V) (V ).
- Switches: 8 double pole, 8 single pole mini-slide switches for on-off control of all signals between DTE and DCE.
- EIA/TIA RS-530/530-A selector slide switch
- I/O Connectors:
- TO DCE, a 25-pin EIA/TIA socket.
- TO DTE, a 25-pin EIA/TIA plug.
- Cables & Patchcords:
- One 10-inch EIA/TIA cable.
- Six single (1-to-1) mini-patchcords.
- Two triple (3-to-1) mini-patchcords.
- EIA/TIA RS-530/530-A Serial Interface Label:
Attached to upper panel. Describes relationship between EIA/TIA RS530/530A Signal Nomenclature, and Signal Source.
- Package: Aluminum case, metal hinge and clasp. Storage compartment for cable and mini-patchcords. Scuff-proof.
The Model 900 is powered by two 9-volt batteries that are housed within the unit. The Model 900 may also be powered by an external DC power supply that is offered as an option. (See Cat No. 527205R on Accessories Tab).
WHEN POWERED BY 9 VOLT BATTERIES:
The included 9-volt batteries will provide 30 plus hours of use. The POWER switch must be turned ON in order to operate the unit. When not operating the Model 900, the POWER switch must be turned OFF in order to prevent battery drainage. Additional 9-volt batteries can be ordered, Cat No 525914.
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE:
(Cat No 527205R) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz supplies 9 VDC to the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
Note: When this external power supply module is used to power the Model 900, the batteries will automatically be disconnected in order to extend battery life.
Model 900 is available to government purchasers on our GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Call for discounted price and terms, or click here.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.