Model 7211-RU Remote Unit, Rackmount
The Model 7211-RU Remote Unit, is designed to control the PathWay® Model 7211 Dual Channel DB9 A/B Switch (see Related Products tab) by providing the required contact closure control signals.\
- Two toggle switches control the two DB9 interface A/B switch channels of the Model 7211.
- LED indicators display the current position of each network switch channel.
- A transition from contact CLOSE (down) to OPEN (up) of the toggle switch will cause the channel to switch to A. A transition from contact OPEN (up) to CLOSE (down) of the toggle switch will cause the channel to switch to B.
- Upon power up, the Model 7211 reads the static contact state. If OPEN, switch to position A; if CLOSED, switch to position B. After power up, the unit looks for transitions.
- A single DB9 female Remote port accepts a straight through DB9 cable.
- Dimensions: 19" W x 1.75" H x 8" D. (48.3 x 4.4 x 20.3 cm)
APPLICATION: The diagram illustrates a dual channel DB9 A/B Switch sharing a COMMON device between two devices connected to the A and B ports for each channel. Each channel is an independent function. The DB9 Remote controls the switch using contact closure transition signals. Model 7211-RU is designed to connect to the DB9 port using a straight through DB9 female to male cable, Cat No. 990125.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
PathWay® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories
Electro Standards can supply all of your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
All ESL products are available for export.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.