Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch
Model 7211 Dual Channel DB9 A/B Switch with Remote Contact Control Port
The PathWay® Model 7211 Dual Channel DB9 A/B Switch with Remote Contact Control Port allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device connected to the "COM" port among two other devices connected to "A" and "B" ports, for each of its two channels.
The switch may be controlled locally by the front panel pushbuttons or remotely from a DB9/F port located on the rear of the unit using remote closure. Switch position states may be attained locally via the front panel LED display or remotely through voltage output on the remote port.
- Supports (2) independent channels of A/B switch function.
- Switches all 9 pins of the DB9 interface.
- Transparent to data speed format.
- Front panel LED's display the current position and power status of each channel.
- Simultaneous switching of both channels or individual control of each channel.
- Local control via front-panel pushbutton.
- Remote control port accepts contact closure signals for off-site monitoring and switch management.
- A single DB9 female Remote port accepts a straight through DB9 female/male cable to connect to the Model 7211 Remote Unit.
- Monitor pins supply the voltage to drive LED indicators at remote location with 5VDC.
- All switched signals are passed via latching copper contact relays that maintain their position and continuity even in the event of a power loss or failure.
- Upon power restore, unit switches based on remote contact closure state for each channel.
- Order DB9 Cables for your switch installation.
- CHANNEL 1: (3) DB9/F connectors labeled A, B, and Common.
- CHANNEL 2: (3) DB9/F connectors labeled A, B, and Common.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROLS: (2) Manual pushbuttons allow local switching of each channel.
- DISPLAY: (4) Front panel LED's display switch status, and power status.
- REMOTE CONTROL: (1) DB9 female connector on rear panel accepts contact closure transition signals for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: UL approved 120VAC, 60 Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500mA to the unit.
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount 19.0" W x 1.75" H x 8.0" D. (48.3 X 4.4 X 20.3)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 4.5 lbs. (2.0 kg)
APPLICATION: The diagram illustrates a dual channel DB9 A/B Switch sharing a COMMON device between two devices connected to the A and B ports for each channel. Each channel is an independent function. The DB9 Remote controls the switch using contact closure transition signals. Model 7211-RU is designed to connect to the DB9 port using a straight through DB9 female to male cable, Cat No. 990125
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE
(Cat No 517277) CE and UL listed table mount power module, 100 VAC / 240 VAC, 50Hz/60Hz in place of standard 115VAC or 120VAC power module. Ideal for international applications.
Model 7211-RU Remote Unit, Rackmount
The Model 7211-RU Remote Unit, is designed to control the PathWay® Model 7211 Dual Channel DB9 A/B Switch by providing the required contact closure control signals.
REMOTE UNIT FEATURES:
- Two toggle switches control the two DB9 interface A/B switch channels of the Model 7211.
- LED indicators display the current position of each switch channel.
- A transition from contact CLOSE (down) to OPEN (up) of the toggle switch will cause the channel to switch to A. A transition from contact OPEN (up) to CLOSE (down) of the toggle switch will cause the channel to switch to B.
- Upon power up, the Model 7211 reads the static contact state. If OPEN, switch to position A; if CLOSED, switch to position B. After power up, the unit looks for transitions.
- A single DB9 female Remote port accepts a straight through DB9 cable.
- Dimensions: 19" W x 8" D x 1.75" H. (48.3 x 4.4 x 20.3 cm)
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click ere to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.