Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, DB9
Model 7207 DB-9 A/B/C/D Switch with Exclusive Remote Control
Ideal for IT Network Management of Multiple Remote Locations.
Ideal for "Remote Control Only" applications.
Switch ANY DB9 Interface Device to share of backup.
- PORT CONNECTORS: (5) DB9(F) connectors labeled A, B, C, D, and COMMON.
- REMOTE CONTROL: (1) DB9(F) connector labeled REMOTE accepts RS232 serial data ASCII commands for Remote Control operation.
- DISPLAY: (4) LED's labeled A, B, C, and D display switch position. (1) LED labeled POWER displays power position.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Desktop configuration 8.10" W x 2.41" H x 7.30" D. (20.6 x 6.2 x 18.6 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 2.0 lbs (0.9 kg)
DB9 A/B/C/D APPLICATION VIA EXCLUSIVE REMOTE CONTROL:
The drawing illustrates a COMMON Device connected to the DB9 COMMON port sharing among four devices connected to DB9 A, B, C, and D ports. The switch is exclusively controlled via the DB9 Remote port. The Remote management allows the switch to be controlled using ASCII RS232 commands for changing switch position and monitoring. There is no local front panel controls on the Model 7207 making it ideal for IT Network Management of multiple Remote Locations.
- Allows quick connection to any one of four devices from one COMMON device.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All (9) pins of the DB9 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- Eliminates the need to plug and unplug cables.
- The unit maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- The REMOTE port accepts RS232 ASCII commands that allow the user to control switch position, obtain switch status, query firmware version number, and query serial number.
- Ideal for "remote control only" applications. There is no local control on the Model 7207.
- Front-panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- Attractive all metal black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Custom length DB9 cables available for your switch installation.
- Municipalities, schools, government: This product on GSA Schedule!
- For a similar switch, with low impedance, see PathWay® Model 7385, Cat No. 307385.
The PathWay® Model 7207 DB9 A/B/C/D Switch with RS232 Remote allows the user the capability of sharing a single DB9 Interface device connected to the Common port among four other devices connected to the "A", "B", "C", and "D" ports. The Model 7207 is packaged in a slim desktop style enclosure.
There is no "local" or front panel switch controls on the unit. The Model 7207 can ONLY be switched remotely from the DB9/female RS-232 Serial Interface Remote port located on the rear of the unit. The front panel LED display indicates the switch position and unit power status.
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE (Cat. No. 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz-60Hz for use in place of the standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
SPECIFICATIONS: USB to DB9 Serial Converter Cable Available! If only USB ports are available on the computer or if a USB port is chosen to be used for any reason, a USB to DB9 serial converter cable will be needed. This cable can be provided by ESL under part number 528693.
This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here for GSA details.
Model 7207 is available to government purchasers on our GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Call for discounted price and terms.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.