Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, DB25, Crossover
Model 7285 DB25 Normal / Crossover Switch with RS232 Serial Remote Port
Designed for switching between data sources to either of two destinations.
Applicable to ANY DB25 interface devices.
Ideal for Commercial-Off-the-Shelf (COTS) purchase.
- PORT CONNECTORS: (4) DB25 port connectors labeled A, B, C, and D on rear panel.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Front-panel pushbutton allows local selection of switch position, "NORMAL" or "CROSSOVER".
- DISPLAY: (2) LED's on front panel indicate switch position and power status.
- REMOTE CONTROL: (1) DB9 female connector on rear panel accepts ASCII RS232 Serial Data for Remote Control Operation.
- POWER: UL Approved 100VAC-240VAC, 50Hz-60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12VDC to 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: 19.0" W x 1.75" H x 8.13" D. (48.3 X 4.5 X 20.7 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 4.6 lbs. (2.1 kg)
Model 7285 DB25 Normal Crossover application showing “Normal Position”:
Model 7285 DB25 crossover switch is shown in NORMAL position. Device A is connected to Device C, while Device B is connected to Device D in the NORMAL state. The DB9 REMOTE accepts ASCII RS232 commands.
Model 7285 DB25 Normal Crossover application showing “Crossover Position”:
Device A is connected to Device D while Device B is connected to Device C in the CROSSOVER state. The DB9 REMOTE and lockout the front panel, obtain switch status and control the switch via dry contact closure transition signals for Remote Control operation of the switch.
- Switch allows selection between Normal and Crossover position.
- Facilitates quick and easy EXCHANGE of connections from two computers to either of two peripherals.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All (25) pins of the DB25 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- The unit maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Remote RS232 ASCII commands that allow the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations and obtain switch status.
- Front panel LEDs display present position and power status.
- In the Normal position, Channel A connects to Channel C, and Channel B connects to Channel D.
- In the Crossover position, Channel A connects to Channel D, and Channel B connects to Channel C.
- For a DB25 Crossover Network Switch with Contact Closure Remote, See Model 7286, Cat No 307286.
- Municipalities, schools, government: This product is on GSA Schedule!
The PathWay® Model 7285 DB25 Crossover Switch with Serial Remote supports connections between four devices, connected to the "A", "B", "C", and "D" ports in either a "Normal" or "Crossover" configuration. The Model 7285 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal, black chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shielding and fit in a standard 19" rack.
The switch may be controlled manually via a front panel pushbutton or remotely from an RS232 Serial Remote port located on the rear of the unit.
Switch position status may be attained via the front panel LED display or the DB9 Remote RS232 port.
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE
(Cat No 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100 VAC - 240 VAC, 50Hz/60Hz for use in place of standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here for GSA details.
Model 7285 is available to government purchasers on our GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Call for discounted price and terms.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.