QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Network Switch, OM3 LC and SC Duplex, Multimode
QuickSwitch® 6332 Dual Channel OM3 LC and SC Duplex Online/Offline Switch, Multimode, 50/125 micron
Quick Connect/Disconnect to/from network.
Accommodates one OM3 LC and one OM3 SC Fiber Optic Channel
- PORT CONNECTORS: (2) OM3 LC Duplex female, and (2) OM3 SC Duplex female connectors, labeled IN and OUT.
- FIBER: 50/125 micron, 850 nm.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (2) Manual pushbuttons allow local switching.
- DISPLAY: On the front-panel, (1) Red LED (ONLINE) and (1) Green LED (OFFLINE) for each channel display switch position and power.
- NO REMOTE CONTROL.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500 mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: 19.0" W x 1.75" H x 8.65" D. (48.3 x 4.4 x 22.0 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 4.3 lbs. (2.0 kg)
DUAL CHANNEL OM3 LC & OM3 SC DUPLEX ONLINE/OFFLINE APPLICATION:
The drawing illustrates two independent channels. Channel 1 is OM3 LC Duplex Online/Offline Switch. Channel 2 is OM3 SC Duplex Online/Offline Switch. For each channel, a Fiber Optic Network connected to the IN port has access to another Fiber Optic Network connected to the OUT port. In Offline position the two Fiber Optic Networks are disconnected.
- Optical Multimode 3 (OM3) compliant for laser enhanced applications.
- Each channel connects or disconnects two fiber optic networks.
- One Channel OM3 LC Duplex
- One Channel OM3 SC Duplex
- Each channel, one LC Channel and one SC Channel allows quick connection or disconnection between two fiber optic networks or devices.
- Individual control of each channel.
- All fiber signals are switched via break-before-make MEMS-based mirror/prism switch technology and support Gigabit data rates.
- All IN, and OUT ports are duplex, 10G, OM3 grade fiber, Multimode, 50/125 micron, and support a wavelength of 850 nm.
- All switch control is from front panel. No remote control.
- Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- When power is lost, all channels revert to the "OFFLINE" position.
- When the power is restored, all channels remain in "OFFLINE" position.
- The ports are configured per TIA/EIA-568-B.3, where the TX of the COM port is routed to the RX of the A/B ports and vice versa.
- Optical data throughput scalability.
- Eliminates need to plug/unplug fiber optic patchcords.
- Custom length rigorously tested and certified, SC and LC fiber optic cables available for your switch installation.
The QuickSwitch® Model 6332 Dual Channel OM3 LC and OM3 SC Duplex Online/Offline Switch allows the user the capability of connecting or disconnecting two separate devices, ports "IN" and "OUT", via an Online or Offline connection for each channel, one OM3 LC Channel and one OM3 SC Channel. The QuickSwitch® Model 6332 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal black chassis designed to fit in a standard 19" rack. The switch may be controlled manually via the front panel only. Switch position state may be attained via the front panel LED's
Option: Wide Range Power Supply: (Cat No. 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC/240VAC, 50/60Hz for use in place of the standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
TO READ THE ARTICLE EITHER CLICK THE LINK OR APPLICATION ICON AT TOP OF PAGE: "HOW TO DETERMINE THE RIGHT FIBER OPTIC NETWORK BACKUP SWITCH FOR YOUR APPLICATION", click link to read as a pdf. You need Acrobat Reader to view the file.
QuickSwitch® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Switches are available in many configurations: auto fallback, switch/converters, multimode & single mode, and secure off-line positions. Check out our complete line of QuickSwitch® fiber optic switches.
For custom fiber optic network switches contact our friendly sales support staff at 401-943-1164; or email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online Custom Product Request form.
Electro Standards can supply all your Fiber Optic Cable requirements.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateurs à fibres optiques, interruptores de fibra óptica, switch in fibra ottica, switches de fibra óptica, fiberoptiska switcher.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.