QuickSwitch® 6303 Single Channel LC Duplex A/B/C Switch, Multimode with Telnet and GUI
- PORT CONNECTORS: (4) LC Duplex connectors labeled A, B, C and COMMON.
- WAVELENGTH: 850 nm.
- REMOTE PORT: (1) RJ45 female connector on rear panel accepts Ethernet 10/100Base-T connection and either Telnet commands or Graphical User Interface for remote operation.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC-240VAC 50Hz-60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12VDC 500 mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug. Replacement power modules may be ordered using ESL Catalog No. 516682.
- DISPLAY: (3) Red, front-panel LEDs indicate switch position, and power status.
- CONTROL: (3) Pushbuttons allow selection of switch position.
- DIMENSIONS: Standard rackmount 19.0" W x 1.75" H x 8.78" D. (48.3 X 4.4 X 22.3 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 4.3 lbs (2.0 kg)
QuickSwitch® 6303 LC Duplex Fiber Optic A/B/C Network Application with Ethernet Remote Control, (Telnet Commands & GUI)
The drawing illustrates a COMMON device connected to the LC Duplex COMMON port sharing between three networks, Fiber Optic Network A, Fiber Optic Network B and Fiber Optic Network C connected to the LC Duplex A, B, and C ports respectively. The RJ45 Remote port allows either Telnet commands or user-friendly GUI software for Remote Control Operation. The IP addressable Remote Control is password protected.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- All fiber signals are switched via break-before-make MEMS-based mirror/prism switch technology.
- Switch maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Control of the switch position from a 10/100Base-T LAN Ethernet environment. IP Addressable!
- Remote Control Telnet Command Interface that allows the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations, obtain switch status, as well as, query firmware version, query serial number and enable/disable autosend of switch positions
- Graphical User Interface that allows the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations, obtain switch status, as well as, provide access to unit information such as firmware/software version and serial number
- Remote control of the switch is password protected, where the password protection can be disabled
- Front panel LED's display present position and power status
- All A, B, C, and COM ports are LC Duplex, Multimode, 50/125 micron, and support a wavelength of 850 nm.
- The fiber ports are configured per TIA/EIA-568-B.3, where the TX of the COM port is routed to the RX of the A/B ports or vice versa.
- Custom length rigorously tested and certified LC fiber optic cables available for your switch installation.
The QuickSwitch® Model 6303 Single Channel LC Duplex A/B/C Switch, Multimode with Telnet & GUI allows the user the capability of sharing a single port LC Duplex interface device, connected to the "COMMON" port, among three other devices, connected to the "A", "B", and "C" ports. The QuickSwitch 6303 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal black chassis designed to fit in a standard 19" rack.
Remote access can be accomplished using an Ethernet 10/100Base-T connection via Telnet Commands or Graphical User Interface.
Users can then monitor status, lockout front panel pushbutton control, and control switch position.
Option: Wide Range Power Supply: (Cat No. 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC-240VAC, 50-60Hz for use in place of the standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
UTILIZING THE USER FRIENDLY REMOTE GRAPHICAL USER INTERFACE SOFTWARE
To connect to the switch from a workstation or computer having access to the LAN that the QuickSwitch® Model 6303 LAN port is connected to, simply launch a standard web browser and type in the appropriate IP address. The Java Applet will be automatically uploaded from the switch upon connection. The environment requirement for the GUI is Java 1.7 and above.
QuickSwitch® 6303 A/B/C Switch Graphical User Interface Main Panel.
Figure 1: GUI in a standard Web Browser.
10/100BASE-T LAN SETUP
The switch is configured from the factory to use DHCP to automatically get its IP address from a DHCP server on the local area network when connected to the network and powered up. Therefore, a DHCP server is needed on the local area network for the initial configuration. After that, the switch can be configured to use a static IP address. To find the IP address of a switch that it has gotten from the DHCP server, or to reconfigure the IP Address of the switch, use the Lantronix® DeviceInstaller application.
DeviceInstaller requires Microsoft’s .NET Framework version 4.0 or higher. If the .NET Framework is not already installed, it must first be installed. The .NET Framework can be downloaded from Microsoft’s website, either as a web install, or as a standalone installation. The latest version of DeviceInstaller can be downloaded from Lantronix’s website.
Changing Position and Lockout Status:
To change the switch position of a channel, click on the radio button “A”, “B”, or “C” as desired. Locking and unlocking the front panel pushbuttons can be done by clicking on the “Locked” or “Unlocked” radio buttons for each channel. See Figure 2
Figure 2: Change switch position and lockout status from the QuickSwitch® 6303 Graphical User Interface.
Querying The Status of QuickSwitch® 6303 via the Graphical User Interface
Once connected, the GUI will stay up-to-date on the present position and status of the unit.
Any changes that are made outside of the GUI, such as by pushbutton, will be reflected in the GUI. Auto-send of updates should be enabled, in order to reflect the most accurate status updates such as pushbuttons. These changes will cause the radio buttons of the GUI to automatically change to show the new status. The GUI will report the source of the most recent change in the bottom left of the panel See Figure 3.
Figure 3: Querying the status of the unit.
QuickSwitch® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Switches are available in many configurations: auto fallback, switch/converters, multimode & single mode, and secure off-line positions. Check out our complete line of QuickSwitch® fiber optic switches.
For custom fiber optic network switches contact our friendly sales support staff at 401-943-1164; or email: email@example.com, or complete our On-Line Custom Fiber Optic Switch Form:/Products-Custom/Fiber-Switch/
Electro Standards can supply all your Fiber Optic Cable requirements.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateurs à fibres optiques, interruptores de fibra óptica, switch in fibra ottica, switches de fibra óptica, fiberoptiska switcher.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.