QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Network Switch, LC Duplex
QuickSwitch® 6262 Single Channel All Fiber Optic LC Duplex 8-to-1 Switch, with RS232 Remote
Switch one fiber optic device or network to any one of eight fiber optic devices or networks!
- WAVELENGTH: 850 nm.
- PORT CONNECTORS: (9) LC Duplex female connectors labeled A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H and COMMON.
- CONTROL: (8) Pushbuttons allow selection of switch position.
- DISPLAY: (8) Red LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE: (1) DB9 (F) connector on rear panel accepts ASCII RS232 Serial Data for Remote Control Operation.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC-240VAC, 50 Hz-60 Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC 500 mA to the unit. (Cat No. 516682). Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Standard rackmount, 19.0" W x 1.75" H x 12.65" D. (48.3 x 4.5 x 32.2 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 7.3 lbs (3.3 kg)
QuickSwitch® 6262 LC Duplex Fiber Optic 8-to-1 Switch Application with RS232 Remote:
The drawing illustrates a COMMON device connected to the LC Duplex COMMON port with access to eight LC duplex interface devices connected to the LC Duplex ports A, B, C, D, E, F, G and H. The COMMON Device has access to one Device at a time. The DB9 remote port can be used to control the switch remotely via ASCII RS232 Serial data commands.
- Allows quick connection to any one of eight fiber optic LC Duplex devices
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All fiber signals are switched via break-before-make MEMS-based mirror/prism switch technology.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Switch maintains position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Remote RS232 ASCII commands that allow the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations, obtain switch status, as well as, query firmware version number, query serial number and enable/disable autosend of switch positions.
- Front panel LED’s display present position and power status.
- All fiber optic ports are LC Duplex, Multimode, 50/125 micron, and support a wavelength of 850nm.
- The fiber ports are configured per TIA/EIA-568-B.3, where the TX of the COM port is routed to the RX of the A/B ports and vice versa.
The QuickSwitch® 6262 Single Channel LC Duplex 8-to-1 Switch with RS232 Remote allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device connected to the “COMMON” port among eight other devices connected to the “A”, “B”, “C”, “D”, “E”, “F”, “G”, and “H” ports, with remote access functionality. Remote Control access can be accomplished using ASCII RS-232 commands.
The QuickSwitch® 6262 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal black chassis designed to fit in a standard 19” rack.
(Cat No 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC-240VAC, 50Hz-60Hz for use in place of standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our FIBER OPTIC CABLE Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online custom product request form.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Switches are available in many configurations: auto fallback, switch/converters, multimode & single mode, and secure off-line positions. Interfaces include: SC, ST, LC, and ESCON. Check out our complete line of QuickSwitch® fiber optic switches.
QuickSwitch® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateurs à fibres optiques, interruptores de fibra óptica, switch in fibra ottica , switches de fibra óptica, fiberoptiska switcher.