Model 7417R Single Channel DB25 A/B Switch with Auto Fallback, Rackmount
Automatic fallback “Watch Dog” switch keeps data flowing.
Double the data throughput reliability through Auto-Fallback redundancy!
- PORT CONNECTORS: (3) DB25 female connectors on rear panel. Port A labeled “PRIMARY”, Port B labeled “ALTERNATE”, and COMMON labeled “MASTER”.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (3) manual pushbuttons: One Fallback Mode labeled “Auto”, One postion A labeled “PRIMARY”, and One position B labeled “ALTERNATE”.
- DISPLAY: (3) Front panel LED’s display switch mode and power status.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC-240VAC, 50Hz-60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500 mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug. (Cat No. 516682)
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount: 19.0” W x 1.75” H x 8.2” D. [48.3 x 4.5 x 20.9 cm]
- WEIGHT: Approximately 4.2 lbs. [1.9 kg]
PathWay® Model 7417R DB25 A/B Switch Application with Auto Fallback: (RoHS Compliant)
PathWay® Model 7471R Single Channel DB25 A/B Switch with Automatic Fallback allows the user the capability of switching a MASTER input data channel to either its PRIMARY output data channel or its ALTERNATE output data channel. The Diagram shows the DB25 COMMON device (Master input channel) can swttched to DB25 A (Primary Output Data Channel) or DB25B (Alternate Output Data Channel).
- The unit may be switched manually, or automatically.
- Local Manual Control via three front panel pushbuttons:
(1) “AUTO” for Auto Fallback Mode: (1) “PRIMARY” for switch position A. (1) “ALTERNATE” for switch position B.
- When in “AUTO” mode, CTS (pin 5) is monitored on both ports A (PRIMARY), and B (ALTERNATE).
- Three front panel LED’s indicate switch position and power.
- (1) Green LED labeled “AUTO”, (1) Red LED labeled “PRIMARY”, and (1) RED LED labeled “ALTERNATE”.
- Pins 2 thru 6, 8, 15, 17, 20-22, and 24 are switched.
- Pin 1 (Protective Ground) on A, B, and COM, are tied together.
- Pin 7 (Signal Ground) on A and B are tied to Board Ground for reference when monitoring signal.
- When in Auto Mode, the switch position is governed by the presence of CTS (Pin 5) that is being monitored on Ports A (Primary) and B (Alternative).
- All in/out ports are located on rear panel.
- All switched signals are passed via latching copper contact relays that maintain their position and continuity even in the event of a power loss or failure.
- When power is restored, unit loads previous position and mode of operation and checks DIP switch settings to determine the correct startup configuration.
- RoHS Compliant
The PathWay® Model 7471R Single Channel DB25 A/B Switch with Automatic Fallback allows the user the capability of switching a MASTER input data channel to either its PRIMARY output data channel or its ALTERNATE output data channel.
The switching may be accomplished manually or automatically. Three front panel pushbuttons allow mode selection of PRIMARY, ALTERNATE, or AUTO.
When in Auto Mode, the switch position is governed by the presence of CTS (pin 5) that is being monitored on ports A (PRIMARY) and B (ALTERNATE). Three front panel LED’s indicate switch position and power status.
The PathWay® Model 7417R is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal, black chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shielding and fit in a standard 19” rack.
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE
(Cat No 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100 VAC - 240 VAC, 50Hz-60Hz for use in place of standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.