Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch
Model 7294 16-Channel RJ45 Cat 5 A/B Switch with Ethernet and RS232 Remote Control
- All sixteen channels are switched simultaneously.
- All 8 pins of the RJ45 interface are switched.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Front panel LED's display current position and power status.
- RS232 Serial data Remote control to query status, change position,and control front panel lockout.
- Remote control of the switch position from a 10/100Base-T LAN Ethernet environment.
- Remote control Telnet command interface or Graphical User Interface that allows the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations and obtain switch status.
- Switch maintains position on power loss and continues to pass data.
The PathWay® Model 7294 16-Channel RJ45 Cat5 A/B Network Switch with Ethernet and RS232 Remote allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device connected to the Common port among two other devices connected to the A and B ports for each channel with remote access functionality. Remote control access can be accomplished using an Ethernet 10/100 Base-T connection and either Telnet commands or Graphical User Interface through the RJ45 Remote port. Alternatively, remote control can be accomplished using RS232 serial commands through the DB9 port.
Don't forget to order RJ-45 Cat 5 patchchords. Custom lengths and many colors are available. Electro Standards can supply all of your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
PathWay® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch
This product is offered at a discount to city, state, and municipal government purchasers via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V.
Electro Standards can supply all of your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
- PORT CONNECTORS: (48) RJ45 female connectors labeled 1-16 in each
of the groups A, B, and COMMON.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Manual pushbutton allows for local switching.
- DISPLAY: (2) Front panel LEDs display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE CONTROL: (1) RJ45 female connector on rear panel accepts 10/100Base-T LAN access Ethernet for Remote control operation. A second Remote connector, DB9(F) accepts ASCII RS232 serial data for Remote control operation.
- POWER: Requires user supplied 48VDC, 500 mA to operate.
- DIMENSIONS: 19.0" W x 3.5" H x 12.0" D (48.3 x 8.9 x 30.5 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 10.0 lbs (4.5 kg)
APPLICATION: The diagram illustrates 16 channels (RJ45 ports, CAT5), each sharing a COMMON port device among two other devices conneted to the A and B ports. There are two REMOTE controls. One DB9 REMOTE for ASCII RS232 Serial data remote control, and the second remote is an RJ45 REMOTE 10/100BASE-T LAN Access (IP Addressable).