QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Network Switch, LC Duplex
QuickSwitch® 4293 Single Channel LC Duplex A/B/C/D/Off-Line Switch, with Contact Closure Remote and Keylock
Secure OFFLINE switch position stops any, and all data throughput for the switch.
- FIBER: LC multimode, 50/125 micron, wavelength 1310 nm.
- PORT CONNECTORS: (5) LC duplex female connectors, labeled A, B, C, D and COMMON.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROLS: (5) Manual pushbuttons allow local switching. (1) Front panel Keylock locks or unlocks the front panel pushbutton control.
- DISPLAY: (5) Front-panel LED's display switch position, and power status.
- REMOTE CONTROL: (1) DB15 female connector on rear panel accepts contact closure switch commands for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: UL Approved 100 VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500 mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: 19.0" W x 1.75" H x 10.80" D (48.3 x 4.5 x 27.5 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 5.3 lbs. (2.5 kg)
FIBER OPTIC A/B/C/D/OFFLINE SWITCH APPLICATION w/CONTACT CLOSURE REMOTE, & FRONT PANEL KEYLOCK:
The drawing illustrates a COMMON device connected the LC Duplex COMMON port with access to four Devices, Device A, Device B, Device C and Device D connected to the LC Duplex ports labeled A, B, C, and D. An OffLine position can be selected to stop any, and all data throughput. The front-panel Keylock can be in an "Unlocked" or "Locked" position. In the "Locked" position front-panel operations is inhibited. In the "Unlocked" position, the front-panel can be used to control switch operations. A REMOTE DB15 female connector can be used to remotely control the switch via Contact Closure commands.
- Allows quick connection to any one of four devices from one COMMON device.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All fiber signals are switched via break-before-make MEMS-based mirror/prism switch technology and supports Gigabit data rates.
- Switch reverts to the offline position on power loss and does not pass data.
- Upon power up, unit remains in the offline position until commanded otherwise .
- Front-panel pushbutton control.
- Remote Contact Closure control and status provides dry contact logic to allow the control of the switch position and lockout state as well as obtain the present position and lockout status.
- Front panel Keylock inhibits or permits pushbutton control.
- Front-panel LED's display present position and power status.
- All fiber ports are LC Multimode, 50/125 micron, and support a wavelength of 1310nm.
- The fiber ports are configured per TIA/EIA-568-B.3, where the TX of the COM port is routed to the RX of the AB ports and vice versa.
- Custom length rigorously tested and certified, LC fiber optic cables available for your switch management.
- One year parts and labor warranty against manufacturing defects.
The QuickSwitch® 4293 Single Channel LC Duplex A/B/C/D/Off-Line Switch with Contact Closure Remote and Keylock allows a device connected to the COM port access to the A, B, C, or D ports. The QuickSwitch® 4293 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal, black chassis designed to fit in a standard 19" rack. Front panel Keylock inhibits or permits pushbutton control.
The switch may be controlled locally by manually operating the front panel pushbutton or remotely from the DB15 REMOTE port located on the rear of the unit. The DB15 REMOTE port provides control through Contact Closure and allows the user to both control and monitor the switch position remotely. The DB15 REMOTE port also allows the user the capability of locking out the front panel pushbutton controls. The front panel LED display indicates the switch position and unit power status.
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE (Cat. No. 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC-240VAC, 50Hz-60Hz for use in place of the standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our FIBER OPTIC CABLE Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online custom product request form.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Switches are available in many configurations: auto fallback, switch/converters, multimode & single mode, and secure off-line positions. Interfaces include: SC, ST, LC, and ESCON. Check out our complete line of QuickSwitch® fiber optic switches.
QuickSwitch® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateurs à fibres optiques, interruptores de fibra óptica, switch in fibra ottica , switches de fibra óptica, fiberoptiska switcher.