Model 7355 Dual Channel Cat5e, RJ45, A/B/OFFLINE Switch, with 10/100 BASE-T Remote Access and GUI
IP Addressable! Communicate with Switch via Internet Explorer running a PC.
- PORT CONNECTORS: (3) RJ45 female connectors labeled A, B, and Common for each of the two channels.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROLS: (2) Manual pushbuttons allow local switching.
- DISPLAY: (4) Front panel LED's display switch position of each channel and power status.
- REMOTE: (1) RJ45 female connector on rear panel accepts Ethernet 10/100Base-T connection and either TELNET commands or Graphical User Interface for Remote CONTROL operation.
- POWER: UL approved wall mount 100VAC-240VAC, 50Hz/-0Hz power module supplies 12 VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount configuration 19" W x 1.75" H x 8" D. (48.3 x 4.4 x 20.3 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 4.5 lbs. (2.0 kg)
PathWay® Model 7355 Dual-Channel RJ45 A/B/OFFLINE Switch Application w/ Telnet Commands & GUI:
Cat5e Dual Channel Secure OFFLINE Switching with LAN Ethernet Remote Control allows GUI Interface Switching. Each channel has a COMMON device that can access two other devices via port A or port B. The user can select a secure OFFLINE position for each channel independently. The REMOTE port allows the user to control the switch remotely using either Telnet commands or Graphical User Interface.
- Each channel allows access to two Cat5e RJ45 networks from one COMMON network or device.
- Secure Off-Line switch position.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All pins of the RJ45 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- All switched signals are passed via latching copper contact relays that maintain their position and continuity even in the event of a power loss.
- Individual control of each channel.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Remote Control of the switch position from a 10/100 Base-T LAN Ethernet environment.
- Remote Control Telnet command that allow the user to control switch position, lockout and unlock front panel operations, obtain switch status, as well as query firmware version number.
- Remote Graphical User Interface that allows the user to control switch position for each channel, lockout front panel access, and obtain switch status
- Password protected Remote Control.
- Front panel LEDs display switch position for each channel as well as power status.
- Certified Cat5e Compliance.
- Attractive all metal, black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Custom length Cat5e cables available for your switch installation.
The PathWay® Model 7355 Dual-Channel Cat5e RJ45 A/B/OFFLINE Switch with 10/100 Base-T LAN Telnet Access and GUI, allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device connected to the “COMMON” port among two other devices connected to the “A” and “B” ports for each channel. Remote access can be accomplished using an Ethernet 10/100 Base-T connection and either Telnet commands or Graphical User Interface. The Model 7355 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal, black chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shielding and fit in a standard 19” rack.
Proper authentication is required for remote access via the 10/100 Base-T connection. User can monitor status and control switch functions.
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE
(Cat No 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC-240VAC, 50Hz-60Hz for use in place of standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
UTILIZING THE USER FRIENDLY REMOTE GRAPHICAL USER INTERFACE SOFTWARE
To connect to the switch from a workstation or computer having access to the LAN that the Model 7355 LAN port is connected to, simply launch a standard web browser and type in the appropriate IP address. The Java Applet will be automatically uploaded from the switch upon connection. The environment requirement for the GUI is Java 1.6 and above.
10/100Base-T LAN SETUP Network Setup
The switch is configured from the factory to use DHCP to automatically get its IP address from a DHCP server on the local area network when connected to the network and powered up. Therefore, a DHCP server is needed on the local area network for the initial configuration. After that, the switch can be configured to use a static IP address. To find the IP address of a switch that it has gotten from the DHCP server, or to reconfigure the IP Address of the switch, use Lantronix® DeviceInstaller application.
DeviceInstaller requires Microsoft's .NET Framework version 4.0 or higher. If the .NET Framework is not already installed, it must first be installed. The .NET Framework can be downloaded from Microsoft's website, either as a web install, or as a standalone installation. The latest version of DeviceInstaller can be downloaded from the Lantronix's website.
Figure 1: Model 7355 GUI in a standard Web Browser
- Access User Interface via standard web browser.
- Login password authentication required.
- Easy to use, simple point and click operation.
- Remotely access to control or monitor the Model 7355 Dual RJ45 A/B/OFFLINE Switch System.
- Password protected Remote.
- Users can change the login password and/or switch's IP address.
- LAN access gives users across the LAN or over the Internet access to control if user network is configured accordingly.
CHANGING POSITION AND LOCK STATUS
To change the switch position, click on the radio button for A, B, or Offline as desired. Locking and unlocking the front panel pushbutton can be done by clicking on the "Locked" checkbox. See Figure 2.
Figure 2: Independently change the switch position and/or lockout the front panel for each channel from the main panel of the Model 7355 graphical user interface.
QUERYING THE STATUS OF THE UNIT
Once connected, the GUI will stay “up-to-date” on the present position and status of the unit. Any changes that are made outside of the GUI, such as by the front panel pushbutton, will be reflected in the GUI. These changes will cause the radio buttons of the GUI to automatically change to show the new status. See Figure 3.
Figure 3: The Model 7355 graphical user interface is alerted to changes in the unit status.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.