Network Media Converters
Fiber Model 4275 Very High Speed Ruggedized POF to ST Single Mode Fiber Interface Converter
Allows Connection of Fiber Optic Linked Terminals to ST Single Mode interface equipment.
Provides Plastic Optical Fiber to Glass Optical Fiber conversion.
Ideal for Casino Networks linking Video Lottery Terminals & Video Gaming Machines.
Applications may also include Industrial Networks linking Machines or Robotic Equipment
- PLASTIC FIBER: (POF)
- Fiber Cable Type: 1 mm plastic optical filament.
- Fiber Wavelength: 660 nm (red).
- Transmission Distance: 75 m (250 ft.) (POF)
- GLASS FIBER: ST Single Mode Fiber
- ST Fiber Cable: 9/125µ, Single Mode
- ST Fiber Wavelength: 1310 nm, Single Mode
- ST Fiber Transmission Distance: ~40 km (25 miles).
- External Power Supply (included with Model 4275):
- 100-240 VAC @ 50/60 Hz UL Listed, RoHS, LPS. (Cat No 529954)
- Dimensions: 2.25" x 1.1" x 4.42" (58mm x 28mm x 112mm).
- Weight: Approximately 0.3 Lb. (137 grams).
PLASTIC OPTICAL FIBER (POF) TO ST SINGLE MODE GLASS FIBER CONVERTER APPLICATION:
The drawing illustrates Data Processing or Communication Equipment connected to the ST Single Mode fiber connector of the Model 4275. The Plastic Optical Fiber Connector is linked to Video Gaming Machines via Plastic Optical Fiber cabling. The Model 4275 application may include Industrial Networks linking Machines or Robotic Equipment
See Model 9504 Media Converter Application drawing for integration of the Model 4275 into a system.
Versalink Plastic Core Cables are available from Electro Standards.
- Converts VersaLink plastic core cable interface to ST Single Mode (glass) Fiber Optic Interface.
- Provides full galvanic isolation (no metallic connection) between connected devices.
- Full duplex connection between terminals network and data processing / communication equipment.
- Data transfer rate up to 1Mbps.
- Plastic Fiber connection via standard VersaLink female connectors.
- ST Single Mode fiber connections via two standard ST female connectors.
- LED Status light displays data transfer activity.
- Dual Red/Green LED for indicating the fiber-optic receive and transmit data.
- Provided with external wall mount power supply, UL Listed, RoHS, LPS.
The Fiber Model 4275 is a very high speed ruggedized, protocol independent, ST Single Mode Glass Fiber to Plastic Optical Fiber (POF) interface converter from Electro Standards Laboratories. Typical operating speeds are up to 1 Mbps. Designed to operate from -40°C to 85°C, it is a member of the Electro Standards Laboratories' rugged community fiber-to-copper and fiber to fiber media converter family.
The unit features protection circuitry on power input. The power input has reverse polarity protection, it is also protected from transients, over current and voltage. Other features include user selectable fiber polarity, RX and TX indicator LEDs.
To view more of Electro Standards' Media Converters, click here: Interface Converters.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, CONNECTORS/ADAPTERS Webpage.
For custom network interface converters call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.