Network Media Converters
Model 9504 16-Channel ST Duplex Single Mode Fiber to RJ45 RS485/422 Media Converter
• Ideal for Casino Networks linking Video Lottery Terminals & Video Gaming Machines.
The Model 9504 is a high speed ruggedized 16-Channel ST Single Mode Fiber to RJ45 RS485/422 media converter. Typical operating speeds are up to 5 Mbps for RS485/422 to fiber conversion. When operating in RS485/422 mode, each converter can be configured for 2-wire half duplex or 4-wire full duplex operation. Each converter can be configured as a DCE or DTE interface.
Default: Each converter is configured as a DCE interface with 4-wire full duplex operation.
Applications: The converters provide an industrial solution for applications requiring a single point-to-point over short and long distances. Applications include: Casino Networks linking Video Lottery Terminals, PC to PC long distance communications, factory automation, barcode readers, time clocks, scales, data entry terminals, ATM's and serial communications in harsh environments.
- The power input has reverse polarity protection; is is also protected from transients, over current and over voltage.
- All copper RS485/422 ports are 8-pin RJ45 connectors.
- ESD and high-power transient protection on copper interfaces.
- All fiber optic ports are ST Single Mode connectors. The single mode fiber size is 9/125 µm and the fiber optic wavelength is 1310 nm.
- All fiber ports are standard fiber optic transceivers that receive and drive the fiber optic signal, where the RX is on the left and the TX is on the right.
- Other features include user selectable fiber polarity, Fiber TX (Green) and Fiber RX (Yellow) LED Indicators.
- Each RJ45 Interface Connector has 1 (Green) LED for a fiber TX indicator and 1 (Yellow) LED for a fiber RX indicator.
- Fiber Interface:
- (32) Connectors: Fiber Optic Single Mode ST Duplex
- (16) TX and (16) RX
- TX Power: - 0 dBm
- RX Sensitivity: -17 dBm
- Optical Budget: 17 dB
- Max. Link Distance with 9/125µm fiber:
- ~40 km (25 miles) at up to 5 Mbps
- Wavelength: 1310 nm, Single Mode
- Fiber Size: 9/125 µm.
- Fiber Polarity:
- Logical 1 = Light ON/OFF: Jumper Selectable
- Copper Interface:
- (16) Connectors: RJ45, Female
- Type: RS485/422 (2-wire/4-wire)
- Terminations: RS485/422 120 Ohm jumper selectable
- Bit Rate (nom.)
- LEDs: (16) TXD and (16) RXD.
- Operating Environment
- Network Configurations:
- Power Supply: Model 9504 is supplied with an external 5VDC, 4A power supply operating from 90-240VAC@50/60Hz. The power supply is UL listed and LPS approved. The unit also comes with a 2-prong US non-polarized NEMA 1-15P plug. The power supply is P/N 527474.
- Model 9504 Mechanical (Desktop Unit):
To view more of Electro Standards' Media Converters, click here: Interface Converters.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our FIBER OPTIC CABLES Webpage, or our COPPER NETWORK CABLES Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online custom product request form.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: Convertisseurs d'interface, Interfaz de Convertidores, Convertitori di interfaccia, Mediakonwertery, Conversores de Interface.