Multi Interface Copper Network Switches
Cat6 RJ45, BNC Remotely Controlled
Model 7383 8-to-1 COAX/RJ45 Cat6 Switch, 2 Leads Switched, with RS232 Serial Remote
- RJ45 PORT CONNECTORS: (4) RJ45 ports on front panel.
OUT - RJ45 (F) shielded, the "OUT" device port for Channels 1-4.
IN - RJ45 (F) shielded, the "IN" device port for Channels 1-4.
OUT - RJ45 (F) shielded, the "OUT" device port to Channels 5-8.
IN - RJ45 (F) shielded, the "IN" device port for Channels 5-8.
- BNC PORT CONNECTORS: (2) BNC ports on rear panel.
OUT - BNC (F) connector, selected channel.
IN - BNC (F) connector, selected channel.
- REAR PANEL CONTROLS: (8) Manual pushbuttons allow local switching.
- DISPLAY: (8) LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE: (1) DB9 female connector on rear panel accepts ASCII RS232 Serial Data for Remote Control Operation.
- INTERNAL POWER SUPPLY: 100VAC/240VAC; AC inlet module on rear panel includes power rocker switch / IEC AC cord connector / fuse; AC external power cord
- DIMENSIONS: 19.0" W x 1.75" H x 12.46" D. (48.3 x 4.4 x 31.7 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 7.0 lbs. (3.2 kg)
8-TO-1 COAX/RJ45 CAT6 SWITCH APPLICATION w/RS232 REMOTE: The drawing illustrates a custom application connecting a COAX Interface device with eight CAT6 Interface devices. A COAX Interface device is connected to an "OUT" Balun and "IN" Balun. The eight CAT6 Interface devices are connected to the CAT6 RJ45 ports labeled "IN" and "OUT". The COAX device has access to the CAT 6 interface devices allowing conversion and connection of the signals. A Remote DB9 port accepts RS232 commands for Remote Control Operation.
- Allows quick conversion and connection to any one of 8 RJ45 Cat6 interface devices from one COMMON COAX interface device.
- Two pins, of the RJ45 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- Eliminates the need to plug and unplug cables.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- Switch maintains position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Remote RS232 ASCII commands allow the user to control switch position, lockout rear panel operations and obtain switch status.
- Front panel LED's display present position and power status.
- Rear panel pushbutton control. No front panel control.
- Certified for Cat6 compliance.
The PathWay® Model 7383 Single Channel COAX/RJ45 Cat6 8-to-1 Switch with RS232 Remote allows the user the capability of connecting two seperate devices, ports OUT and IN, via a direct connection for each channel, with remote access functionality. Remote Control access can be accomplished using ASCII RS232 commands. The Model 7383 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal black chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shielding and fit in a standard 19" rack.
Custom Network Switches are available. Contact us by phone, email, or complete the Online Custom Products Form. /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
Electro Standards can supply all of your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL Manual Data Network Switches are available for export.