Fiber 485® Model 4129 HP Versalink Fiber to RS485 Interface Converter
Allow Connection of HP Fiber Optic Linked Terminals to RS485 Port of Controller
Provides Electrical-to-Optical, Optical to Electrical Conversion
Ideal for Casino Networks linking Video Lottery Terminals & Video Gaming Machines.
Facilitates Casino Gaming Expansion Network Installation.
HP Fiber to RS485 Converters Specifications:
- Fiber Transmission Distance: 75m (250 ft.) using TC 1000 W type plastic fiber cable.
- RS485/422 Transmission Distance: Greater than 300 m (1000 ft.).
- Optical Fiber Connectors: HP/Agilent Versatile Link
- RS485/RS422 Connector: RJ45 Female on Model 4129.
- Optical Cable Type: 1mm plastic optical film.
- Optical Wavelength: 660 nm (red).
- External Power Supply: 120 VAC, 60 Hz.
- Dimensions: 2.25" x 1.10" x 3.55" (5.8 x 2.8 x 9.1 cm).
- Weight: 0.5 lb. (226 grams).
- Status Display: Red LED.
The RS-485 / HP Versalink Fiber Interface Converters are used to connect fiber optic linked Video Lottery Terminals to a controller having an RS-485/RS-422 interface port. While RS485 is a versatile communication standard, able to communicate over long distances and at fast data rates, conversion to a fiber optic communication standard also allows data transmission that is no longer susceptible to electrostatic or electromagnetic fields. Additionally, the ports of the connected terminals are protected from damage by potential differences (ground variations) that often exist between them.
HP FIBER / RS 485 CONVERTER APPLICATION FOR CASINO NETWORKS LINKING VIDEO LOTTERY TERMINALS & VIDEO GAMING MACHINES.
The illustration shows a Controller connected to the Model 4129 RJ45 port and Video Gaming Machines linked to the HP/Agilent Versatile Link connectors via HP Versatile Link Plastic Core Cables.
HP Fiber to RS485 Converter Features:
- RS485/RS422 connection via a RJ45 connector.
- ESL's Media Converters convert RS485/RS422 Serial Communication Interface to HP Versatile Link plastic core cable.
- Copper interface features ESD and Transient Voltage protection.
- ESL's Fiber Optic Interface Converters provide full galvanic isolation (no metallic connection) between connected devices.
- Full duplex connection between HP Versatile Link fiber optic interface device or network and an RS485 interface device.
- Allows the interference-free fiber optical transfer of data to be utilized by the device having an RS485/RS422 interface.
- Data transfer rate up to 1 Mbps.
- Fiber connections via two standard Versatile Link connectors.
- Configurable for use at DCE or DTE (specify with order).
- Maximum Link Distance: greater than 500 meters (1640 feet) with 2.00 mm Hard Clad Silicon fibre cable.
- Provided with external wall-mount power supply, UL approved.
- This Fiber Converter is Ideal for casino data networks.
- Municipalities, schools, government: This product is on GSA Schedule!
This spec sheet is also translated into Cantonese. To view Models 4127/4129 specifications translated into Cantonese click here.
The Model 4129 Fiber to RS422 Converter has been featured on ThomasNet Industrial NewsRoom:
To view more of Electro Standards Fiber to RS422 Converters, click here: Fiber Optic Interface Converters.
|RS485 / 422 Signals
| Model 4127
|| Model 4129
|| Signal Direction
| RJ45 Pin#
|| ← IN
|| ← IN
|| → OUT
|| → OUT
Model 4127 (Cat No 304128) HP Versatile Link Fiber to RS-485 Interface Converter via a DB-15 connector.
Please check out our HP Versalink Plastic Core Cables.
|Please check out our HP Versalink Plastic Core Cables and Interface Converters on our Related products tab.
|HP VERSATILE LINK PLASTIC CORE CABLES
|| CATALOG NUMBER
| 10 FEET
| 20 FEET
| 30 FEET
| 40 FEET
| Custom length HP Fiber Cables Available
Order: Catalog Number 986625 - Length (in feet)
This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here for GSA details.
Model 4129 is available to government purchasers on our GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Call for discounted price and terms.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network interface converters call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch