QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Network Switch, SC Duplex
QuickSwitch® 6269 SC Duplex A/B Switch with Contact Closure Remote
- PORT CONNECTORS: (3) SC duplex female connectors labeled A, B, and COMMON.
- FIBER: 62.5/125 micron, 850 nm.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Manual pushbutton allows local switching.
- DISPLAY: (2) Front panel LED’s display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE CONTROL: (1) DB9 female connector on rear panel accepts Contact Closure commands for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: UL Approved 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500 mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: 19.0” W x 1.75” H x 8.0” D. (48.3 x 4.4 x 20.3 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 4.5 lbs. (2.0 kg)
QuickSwitch 6269 SC Duplex A/B Switch with Custom Contact Closure Remote Application:
The drawing illustrates a COMMON Fiber Optic Network connected to the SC Duplex COMMON port with access to Fiber Optic Network A or Fiber Optic Network B. The Fiber Optic Network A and the Fiber Optic Network B are connected to the SC Duplex A and SC Duplex B ports, respectively. The DB9 Remote port is a custom Contact Control Remote that provides Dry Contact Logic to allow control of the switch positions and position status, as well as lock/unlock front panel operations.
- Access any one of two separate fiber optic networks from one computer.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All fiber signals are switched via break-before-make MEMS-based mirror/prism switch technology.
- Internal circuitry insures isolation between networks/devices.
- MEMS-based mirror/prism switch technology supports Gigabit data rates.
- Local control via front-panel pushbuttons.
- Front panel pushbutton control can be locked out, remotely.
- Remote Contact Closure control provides dry contact logic to allow the control of the switch position, as well as position status.
- Ideal for fallback applications.
- Front panel LED’s switch position and power status.
- Switch maintains position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- When power is restored, unit switches to position based on Contact Closure command.
- All fiber ports are SC duplex, multimode, 62.5/125 micron and support a wavelength of 850 nm.
- Custom length rigorously tested and certified SC fiber optic cables available for your installation.
- Municipalities, schools, government: This product is on GSA Schedule!
The QuickSwitch® 6269 SC Duplex A/B Switch with Contact Closure Remote allows a device connected to the “COM” port access to the “A” or “B” port. The QuickSwitch® 6269 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal black chassis designed to fit in a standard 19” rack.
The switch may be controlled locally by manually operating the front panel pushbutton or remotely from the DB9 Remote Control port located on the rear of the unit. The DB9 Remote port provides Contact Closure Control and allows the user to monitor the switch position remotely through a set of dry contacts. The front panel LED display indicates the switch position and unit power status.
Wide Range Power Option Available: (Cat No 517277) CE, RoHS and UL listed table mount power module, 100 VAC-240 VAC, 50Hz-60Hz for use in place of standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here for GSA details.
Model 6269 is available to government purchasers on our GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Call for discounted price and terms.
TO READ THE ARTICLE EITHER CLICK THE LINK OR APPLICATION ICON AT TOP OF PAGE: "HOW TO DETERMINE THE RIGHT FIBER OPTIC NETWORK BACKUP SWITCH FOR YOUR APPLICATION", click link to read as a pdf. You need Acrobat Reader to view the file.
QuickSwitch® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Switches are available in many configurations: auto fallback, switch/converters, multimode & single mode, and secure off-line positions. Check out our complete line of QuickSwitch® fiber optic switches.
For custom fiber optic network switches contact our friendly sales support staff at 401-943-1164; or email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online Custom Product Request form.
Electro Standards can supply all your Fiber Optic Cable requirements.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateurs à fibres optiques, interruptores de fibra óptica, switch in fibra ottica, switches de fibra óptica, fiberoptiska switcher.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.