QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Network Switch
QuickSwitch® Model 4374 SC Duplex Fiber-to-T1 A/B Switch/Converter
with Remote Access
High speed Fiber-to-T1 interface conversion
- PORT CONNECTORS: (2) fiber optic SC duplex female connectors labeled A and B.
(1) RJ45 female connector labeled COMMON.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Manual pushbutton allows local switching.
- DISPLAY: (2) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE CONTROL: (1) DB9 female connector on rear panel accepts ASCII RS232 Serial Data for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: UL approved 120VAC, 60 Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500mA to the unit.
- DIMENSIONS: Desktop 8.0" W x 3.0" H x 8.0" D. (20.3 x 7.6 x 20.3 cm).
- WEIGHT: Approximately 2.8 lbs. (1.3 Kg)
APPLICATION: The drawing illustrates an A/B switch / converter. A T1 port connected to the COMMON port has access to two fiber optic networks connected to the SC Duplex ports A and B. The DB9 Remote can accept ASCII RS232 Serial Data Commands for Remote Control operation.
QuickSwitch® 4374 is an SC Duplex Fiber-to-T1 A/B Switch/Converter allows the user the capability of accessing two separate fiber optic SC Duplex ports from a T1 port. The switch may be controlled manually or remotely. To switch manually simply depress the front panel pushbutton and the switch will change to the new selected position as indicated by the front panel LED's. Remote switching of the unit is done through an RS232 (DB-9) serial port located on the rear of the unit.
QuickSwitch® 4374 Fiber Optic Switch Features:
- Access any one of two separate SC duplex fiber optic networks from one T1 line.
- High Speed internal data interface conversation circuitry allows
Fiber Optic-to-Copper network interconnection.
- Service protocol transparent.
- Bit-rate and data transparent.
- All fiber ports are SC duplex, multimode, 62.5/125 micron
and support a wavelength of 1300 nm.
- Local control via front-panel pushbutton.
- Remote control port allows off-site monitoring and switch management.
- The remote port accepts RS232 Serial Data commands for switch position
control and monitoring.
- Front-panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- Data will not pass through the unit during power loss.
- When power is restored, the unit will return to last ordered position.
- Custom length rigorously tested and certified, SC duplex fiber optic cables available for your switch installation.
- Municipalities, schools, government: This product is on GSA Schedule!
A digital transmission link with a capacity of 1.544 Mbps. T1 uses two pairs of normal twisted wires. T1 normally handles 24 voice conversations, each one digitized at 64 Kbps. T1 is a standard digital transmission in the United States. T1 lines are used to connect networks across remote distances. Bridges and routers are used to connect LANs over T1 networks. T1 links can often be connected directly to new PBXs and many new forms of short haul transmission.
This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V.
Electro Standards can supply all of your Fiber Optic Cable requirements. Please click here to reach our Fiber Optic Cable Categories Webpage.
QuickSwitch® ® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Switches are available in many configurations: auto fallback, switch/converters, multimode & single mode, and secure off-line positions. Check out our complete line of QuickSwitch® fiber optic switches.
For custom fiber optic network switches contact our friendly sales support staff at 401-943-1164; or email: email@example.com, or complete our On-Line Custom Product Form.
All data switch boxes, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.