Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch
Model 7229 Dual Channel DB25/X.21 BIS Interface A/B Switch with Serial Remote Control
- Applicable to ANY DB25 interface including DB25/X.21 BIS
- Includes a Wide Range Power Supply to Support both North American and European Power Sources.
- PORT CONNECTORS: Each channel has (3) DB25 (F) connectors labeled A, B, and COMMON.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (2) Manual pushbuttons allows for local switching.
- DISPLAY: (4) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE CONTROL: (1) DB9(F) connector on rear panel accepts RS232
Serial Data for remote control operation.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC / 240 VAC, 50Hz/60Hz table mount power module
supplies 12 VDC, 500mA to the unit. This is a wide range power module to
cover North American and European Applications.
- DIMENSIONS: Desktop, 16.0" W x 1.75" H x 8.0" D. (40.6 x 4.4 x 20.3 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 2.5 lbs. (1.1 Kg)
APPLICATION: The drawing illustrates two channels of DB25/X.21 interface A/B Switching. For each channel, a COMMON device is connected to the DB25 COMMON port and shares between two devices connected to the DB25 A and B ports. A DB9 Remote Control port accepts ASCII RS232 Serial Data commands allowing control of the switch from a remote location. The illustration also demonstrates a wide range power supply for North American and European applications.
- Each channel allows quick connection to any one of two DB25/X.21 BIS Interface devices from one COMMON device.
- Switches all 25 pins of the DB25 interface.
- Eliminates the need to plug and unplug cables.
- Transparent to data speed and format.
- Local control via front-panel pushbutton.
- Remote control port allows off-site monitoring and switch management.
- The REMOTE port accepts RS232 Serial Data ASCII commands for switch position control and monitoring.
- Front panel pushbutton control can be locked out remotely.
- Remote commands to set pushbutton-position change delay value.
- Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- Retains last switch position in the event of a power loss and continues to pass data.
- Attractive anodized black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- A wide range UL approved power module is supplied with the unit
(100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz) to cover North American and European applications.
- Custom length DB25 cables available for your switch installation.
Each channel of the PathWay® Model 7229 allows the user the capability of sharing a DB25/X.21 BIS Interface device connected to the Common port connector between two other X.21 BIS Interface devices connected to the A and B ports.
The switch may be controlled locally by manually operating the front-panel pushbutton or remotely from a DB9 female serial interface Remote port located on the rear of the unit. Local switching is achieved by simply pressing the front-panel pushbuttons. The switch will change to the newly selected position as indicated by the front panel LED's. One channel can be made the "Master" channel and can be used to control the switching of both channels.
Electro Standards can supply all of your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switch boxes, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.