QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Network Switch, SC Duplex
QuickSwitch® 4186 Single Channel Duplex 100Base-FX A/B/C Switch, with RS232 Remote
- Provides Fiber Optic Link Backup Secure with Password Protection.
- Available to Business and Government Telepresence and Broadcast Systems.
- FIBER SIZE: 62.5/125 MICRON
- WAVELENGTH: 1300nm.
- PORT CONNECTORS: (4) SC Duplex female connectors labeled A, B, C, and COMMON.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Pushbutton allows selection of switch position.
- DISPLAY: (3) Red LED's display switch position power status.
- REMOTE PORT: (1) DB9 female connector on rear panel accepts ASCII RS232 Serial Data for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: "WIDE RANGE" CE and UL listed table mount power module (Cat No 511114) 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60/Hz supplies 5VDC to the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
- DIMENSIONS: Desktop: 8.15"W x 2.38"H x 7.27" D. (20.8 x 6.1 x 18.5 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approx. 2.1 lbs. (1.0 kg)
SC DUPLEX 100BASE-FX A/B/C APPLICATION w/PASSWORD PROTECTED REMOTE:
The drawing illustrates a Fiber Optic Network connected to the SC Duplex COMMON port with access to three other Fiber Optic Networks connected to the SC Duplex A, B, and C ports respectively. The DB9 REMOTE port is password protected. The unit can be controlled using RS232 ASCII commands via the DB9 REMOTE port.
- Access any one of the three separate fiber optic networks from one computer.
- All fiber optic ports are SC Duplex connectors, Multimode, 62.5/125 micron, and support a wavelength of 1300nm and speeds of 100 Mbps.
- All fiber ports are standard fiber optic transceivers that receive and drive the fiber optic signal, where TX is on the left and the RX is on the right.
- Local control via front-panel pushbutton.
- Remote RS232 Port pinout configured as a DTE device.
- Remote control of the switch is password protected.
- Remote RS232 ASCII Commands that allow the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations, and obtain switch status.
- Front panel LED's display present position and power status.
- When power is lost, unit isolates all communication ports and does not pass data.
- When power is restored, the unit automatically switches to the last known position.
- Custom length rigorously tested and certified, SC duplex fiber optic cables are available for your installation.
- Municipalities, schools, government: This product is on GSA Schedule!
The QuickSwitch® 4186 Single Channel SC Duplex 100Base-FX A/B/C Switch with RS-232 Remote allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device, connected to the "COMMON" port, among three other devices, connected to the "A", "B" and "C" ports. Remote access can be accomplished using a DB9 RS-232 connection and ASCII Serial Commands. The QuickSwitch® 4186 is packaged in a slim desktop style enclosure.
The QuickSwitch® 4186 is fully compliant with the 802.3µ 100Base-FX standard.
SPECIFICATIONS: USB to DB9 Serial Converter Cable Available! If only USB ports are available on the computer or if a USB port is chosen to be used for any reason, a USB to DB9 serial converter cable will be needed. This cable can be provided by ESL under part number 528693.
This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here or on GSA icon for details.
Custom configurations are available. QuickSwitch® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
Electro Standards can supply all of your Fiber Optic Cable requirements. Please click here to reach our Fiber Optic Cable Webpage.
Order Electro Standards Laboratories Custom Length SC Fiber Optic Cables!
All Electro Standards Labs cables are performance tested and certified!
- Click on the QR code for Online Custom Fiber Optic Cable Form
- Scan QR Code with your smart phone for phone access.
- Click on the DETAILED SPEC icon above on the right for spec sheet
with the Fiber Optic Cable Form on page 2 to be printed, and faxed.
QuickSwitch® ® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Switches are available in many configurations: auto fallback, switch/converters, multimode & single mode, and secure off-line positions. Check out our complete line of QuickSwitch® fiber optic switches.
For custom fiber optic network switches contact our friendly sales support staff at 401-943-1164; or email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our On-Line Custom Fiber Optic Switch Form: /Products-Custom/Fiber-Switch/
All data switch boxes, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification. All ESL products are available for export.