Model 7393 Dual Channel RJ45 Cat5e A/B/C Switch with SSH and HTTPS GUI
IP Addressable! Communicate with Switch via Internet Explorer running a PC.
Switches all 8 pins. Allows compatibility with all RJ45 interfaces.
Field-proven, high reliability!
- PORT CONNECTORS: (4) RJ45 female connectors labeled A, B, C and COMMON for each of the two channels.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (3) Manual pushbuttons allow local switching.
- DISPLAY: (3) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE CONTROL: (1) RJ45 female connector on rear panel accepts Ethernet 10/100 Base-T connection and either TELNET commands or Graphical User Interface for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60 Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount, 19.0" W x 1.75" H x 8.07" D. [48.3 x 4.4 x 20.5 cm]
- WEIGHT: Approximately 3.7 lbs [1.7 kg]
MODEL 7393 DUAL CHANNEL A/B/C APPLICATION W/ SSH & HTTPS GUI:
The drawing illustrates a dual-channel A/B/C Switch.
Each Channel has a COMMON Device or Network that can be connected to one of three Devices or Networks. Both channels change position simultaneously.
The RJ45 Remote port is 10/100 Base-T LAN Ethernet port, and is Password Protected as well.
The Graphical User Interface is Secure via SSH and HTTPS protocols.
- Each channel allows access to three Cat5e RJ45 networks from one COMMON network or device.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All (8) pins of the RJ45 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- Certified Cat5e performance.
- Unit will switch to the A position, upon sensing power loss, and continue to pass data.
- Upon the return of power, the unit will remain in the A position.
- Simultaneous control of all channels.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Control of the switch position from a 10/100Base-T LAN Ethernet environment.
- Remote Control SSH Command Interface of Graphical User Interface that allows the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations, obtain switch status, as well as query firmware version number, query serial number, and enable/disable autosend of switch positions.
- Remote control of the switch is secured by user login with password protection and TLS/SSL cryptographic protocols.
- Front panel LED's display position and power status.
The PathWay® Model 7393 Dual Channel Cat5e A/B/C Switch with Telnet and GUI Remote, allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device, connected to the COMMON port, among three other devices, connected to the A, B, and C ports for each channel. Remote access can be accomplished using an Ethernet 10/100Base-T connection and either Telnet commands or Graphical User Interface.
The Model 7393 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal black chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shielding and fit in a standard 19" rack.
Proper authentication is required for Remote access via the 10/100Base-T connection. The user can monitor status and control switch functions.
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE
(Cat No 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100 VAC / 240 VAC, 50Hz/60Hz for use in place of standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
UTILIZING THE USER FRIENDLY REMOTE GRAPHICAL USER INTERFACE SOFTWARE
To connect to the switch from a workstation or computer having access to the LAN that the Model 7393’s LAN port is connected to, simply launch a standard web browser and type in the URL: https://<ip address of switch> Note that the “s” in “https” is required. The Java Applet will be automatically be uploaded from the switch upon connection. The environment requirement for the GUI is Java 1.7u40 or the latest.
Figure 1: GUI in a standard Web Browser.
- Access User Interface via standard web browser.
- Login password authentication required.
- Easy to use, simple point and click operation.
- Remotely access to control or monitor the Model 7393 Dual RJ45 A/B/C Switch System with SSH and HTTPS GUI.
- Users can change the login password and/or the switch’s IP address.
- LAN access gives users across the LAN or over the internet access to control if user network is configured accordingly.
CHANGING POSITION AND LOCK STATUS
To change the switch position, click on the radio button “A”, “B” or “C” as desired. Locking and unlocking the front panel pushbutton can be done by clicking on the “Locked” or “Unlocked” radio buttons. See Figure 2.
INFORMATION AND IP CONFIGURATION
The Remote Control GUI also provides access to unit information such as the firmware/software version and the serial number. It also provides a link to the Remote Configuration GUI. Note that the Remote Configuration GUI link works regardless of whether the user is logged into the Remote Control GUI or whether the applet loads at all. See Figure 2
Figure 2 shown below:
QUERYING THE STATUS OF THE UNIT
Once connected, the GUI will stay up-to-date on the present position and status of the unit. Any changes that are made outside of the GUI, such as by pushbutton, will be reflected in the GUI. These changes will cause the radio buttons of the GUI to automatically change to show the new status. The GUI will report the source of the most recent change in the bottom left of the panel. See Figure 3.
Figure 3: The GUI is alerted to changes in the unit status.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.