Model 7279 Single Channel RJ21/50-Pin A/B Switch, with RS232 and Contact Closure Remote Control
Ideal for fast swapping 25-Pair (RJ21) station cable connections.
Ideal for Traffic Flow Management Application.
- PORT CONNECTORS: (3) RJ21/50-Pin female connectors, labeled A, B and COMMON.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Manual pushbutton allows local switching.
- DISPLAY: (2) Red LED’s display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE CONTROL: (1) DB9 female connector on rear panel accepts Contact Closure switch commands for Remote Control Operation.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC-240VAC, 50Hz-60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500 mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: 19.0” W x 1.75” H x 8.22” D. (48.3 x 4.4 x 21.0 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 4.2 lbs. (1.9 kg)
PathWay® Model 7279 Single Channel RJ21/50-Pin A/B Switch with RS232 And Contact Closure Remote Application
The PathWay® Model 7279 application drawing illustrates RJ21/50 Pin A/B Switch. The application drawing shows a COMMON Device connected to the RJ21/50-Pin COMMON Port with access to Device A on Primary Line A and access to the Backup Line B connected to Device B.
The DB9 Remote Control port accepts RS232 Serial Command and Contact Closure Commands as well.
- Switch locally via one front panel pushbutton, or remotely via the DB9 Remote Control Port.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All (50) pins of the RJ21 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- The unit maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Simultaneous control.
- Remote RS232 ASCII commands that allow the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations, obtain switch status, as well as query firmware version number, query serial number, and enable/disable autosend of switch positions.
- Remote Contact Closure control and status provide dry contact logic to allow the control and monitoring of the switch position and lockout state.
- Front panel LED’s display present position and power status.
- All ports are located on the rear panel.
- One year warranty against defects on manufacturer part and labor
The PathWay® Model 7279 Single Channel RJ21/ 50-Pin Interface A/B Switch with RS232 and Contact Closure Remote allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device, connected to the “COMMON” port among two other devices connected to the “A” and “B” ports, for each channel. The switch may be controlled locally by manually operating the front panel pushbutton or remotely from the DB9 female Remote port located on the rear of the unit. The front panel LED display indicates the switch position and unit power status.
The Model 7279 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal, black chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shielding and fit in a standard 19” rack.
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE
(Cat No 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100 VAC - 240 VAC, 50Hz-60Hz for use in place of standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.