PathWay® Model 7142 Dual Channel RJ45 A/B Switch with Automatic Fallback for PRI/ISDN Application
Automatically Switches to Backup Line when Primary Line Fails.
Switches all 8 pins.
Allows compatibility with All RJ45 interfaces.
- PORT CONNECTORS: (3) RJ45 female connectors labeled A, B, and COMMON for each of two channels.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROLS: (2) Manual pushbuttons, one for each channel.
- DISPLAY: (4) Red LED's display switch position (2) for each channel.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12VDC, 500mA to the unit.Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: 19.0" W x 1.75" H x 8.12" D. (48.3 x 4.5 x 20.7 cm)
- WEIGHT:4.5 lbs (2.1 kg)
PathWay® Model 7142 Dual-Channel RJ45 A/B Automatic Fallback Switch for use in PRI/ISDN Application:
The drawing illustrates two Independent switches in one unit. Each channel has a Device connected to the COMMON port with access to a Device A connected to Port A (The Primary Line) and to Device B connected to Port B (The Secondary Line). In each channel, Port A is monitored for data activity. The Auto Sense feature switches the unit to the B position for its channel when activity is lost on Port A. In each channel, the B position will return when activity returns to Port A or until commanded via front panel pushbutton.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All (8) pins of the RJ45 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- The unit maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Upon power restore, the unit will remain in the position and operational mode (i.e. automatic mode or manual mode) it was in at power down.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Independent control of channels.
- No Remote Control.
- Front panel LED's display the present position, mode and power status.
- Select Automatic Mode or Manual Mode via front panel pushbutton control independently for each channel.
- Each channel is completely independent and can be in different modes and different positions.
- In Automatic Mode, the unit automatically chooses its switch position based on the presence or absence of data activity on port A.
- In Manual Mode, the unit will not monitor the presence or absence of data activity.
- The unit automatically switches to the secondary line, when no data is detected on primary line.
- A port is Primary and B port is the Secondary line.
The PathWay® Model 7142 Dual-Channel RJ45 A/B Switch with Automatic Fallback for PRI/ISDN allows the user the capability of sharing a single RJ45 interface device connected to the COMMON port among two other devices connected to the "A" and "B" ports, for each channel. The Model 7142 is enclosed in a 1U full rack size, all metal black chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shielding and fit in a standard 19" rack.
Each channel may be controlled manually via its front panel pushbutton only. The front panel LED displays indicates switch position and power status.
Each channel monitors data activity on port "A". If the unit is in the A position and activity is lost, the unit automatically switches to the B position. The unit will either remain in the B position until commanded to switch to the A position by the pushbutton or switch back to A position automatically when the signal returns.
Option: Wide Range Power Supply: (Cat No. 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC/240VAC, 50/60Hz in place of the standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
Electro Standards can supply all of your Network Cable requirements.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online form.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.