Model 9924 Five-Channel DB9 A/B Switch, Manual, Simultaneous Switching, Rackmount
Switch Five Channels to an Alternate Path, Simultaneously!
Popular in TV station Switching Applications
- PORT CONNECTORS: (3) DB9 female connectors labeled A, B, and COMMON for each of the 5 channels.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Rotary Switch on front panel selects A or B position for all 5 channels.
- POWER: No power required. Manually operated.
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount 19.0" W x 1.75" H x 8.66" D (48.3 x 4.4 x 22.0 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 4.4 lb. (2.0 kg)
5-CHANNEL DB9 A/B SWITCH APPLICATION:
The drawing illustrates five DB9 COMMON ports connected to a COMMON Device. Each Channel has a COMMON port with access to two other devices, " Device A" and " Device B". All five channels simultaneously switch from "A" position to "B" position and back from "B" position to "A" position.
- Each of five channels allows quick connection to any one of two devices from one COMMON device.
- Simultaneously switches all five channels via front-panel rotary switch.
- High quality sealed switch with self-wiping low impedance contacts.
- All 9 pins of the DB9 interface are switched via break-before-make rotary switch.
- Ideal for RS232, RS422, RS485 or ANY application that has a DB9 connector interface.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- Improves computer network efficiency by allowing sharing of peripherals.
- Eliminates the need to plug and unplug cables.
- Attractive all metal black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects.
With each of its five channels, the Model 9924 DB9 A/B Switch allows the user to access two DB9 interface devices connected to its A and B ports with one DB9 interface device connected to its COMMON port. The five channels are switched simultaneously via a knob located on the front panel. See the application diagram above. The Model 9924 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal black chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shielding and fit in a standard 19" rack.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
Don't forget to order your DB9 Cables!
|Custom Length DB9 cables available for your switch installation.
State cable length (in Feet) when ordering.
|| DB9 F/F, 9-Conductor Unshielded PVC Cable
|| DB9 M/F, 9-Conductor Unshielded PVC Cable
|| DB9 M/M, 9-Conductor Unshielded PVC Cable
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.