PathWay® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, RJ45
PathWay® Model 4409 RJ45 A/B/C Switch with Triple RS232 Remote Control Ports
- PORT CONNECTORS: (4) RJ45 female connectors labeled A, B, C, and COMMON.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (3) Manual pushbuttons allow local switching.
- DISPLAY: (3) Front Panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE CONTROLS: (3) RJ45 female connectors on rear panel accept ASCII RS232 Serial Data for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Desktop configuration 8.15"W x 2.38" H x 7.27" D. (20.8 x 6.1 x 18.9 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 1.8 lbs. (0.8 kg)
RJ45 A/B/C SWITCH WITH TRIPLE RS232 REMOTES APPLICATION:
The drawing illustrates a COMMON device connected to the RJ45 COMMON port sharing among Device A, Device B, and Device C each connected to the RJ45 ports labeled A, B, and C. There are three RJ45 ports for Remote Control of the unit using RS232 ASCII commands.
- Allows access to (3) RJ45 networks from one COMMON network or device.
- Switches all (8) pins of the RJ45 interface via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- Eliminates the need to plug and unplug cables.
- Transparent to data speed and format.
- All switched signals are passed via latching copper contact relays that maintain their position and continuity even in the event of a power loss or failure.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Remote RS232 ASCII commands that allow the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations, and obtain switch status from all three Remote ports.
- All (3) RJ45 RS232 Remote ports can be used simultaneously.
- Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- Attractive anodized black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Custom Length RJ45 cables are available for your switch installation.
The PathWay® Model 4409 Single Channel RJ45 A/B/C Switch with Triple RS232 Remotes allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device, connected to the "COM" port, among three other devices, connected to the "A", "B" and "C" ports. The Model 4409 is packaged in a slim desktop style enclosure.
The switch may be controlled locally by the front panel pushbuttons or remotely from any of (3) DB9 Female ports located on the rear of the unit using Serial ASCII Commands. Switch position states may be attained locally via the front panel LED display or remotely using Serial Commands.
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE
(Cat No 517277) CE, and UL listed table mount power module, 100 VAC - 240 VAC, 50Hz/60Hz for use in place of standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.