Model 8462 9-Channel DB15 Connect / Disconnect Switch, Manual Operation
High Quality Manual Data Network Switches Increase the Reliability of Your Network
- PORT CONNECTORS:
- (9) DB15 (M) Input connectors labeled IN.
- (9) DB15 (F) Output connectors labeled OUT.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROLS: (9) rotary switches allow local switching.
- POWER: No power required. Manually operated.
- DIMENSIONS: Desktop Configuration: 16.73" W x 3.47" H x 6.0" D. (42.5 x 8.8 x 15.2 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 6 lbs. (2.7 Kg)
APPLICATION: The drawing illustrates a DB15 switch with nine individually controlled channels. Each channel can connect or disconnect from it respective channel.
- Allows quick "connect" or "disconnect" between input and output ports for each of the nine channels.
- Independently switch each of nine channels via knobs on front panel.
- High quality sealed switch with self-wiping low impedance contacts.
- Eliminates the need to plug and unplug cables.
- No external power required.
- Transparent to data speed and format.
- Manual operation via front panel rotary switches.
- All 15 pins of the DB15 interface are switched.
- Attractive anodized black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Optional mounting brackets adapt unit for panel mounting. Model 2433, Cat. No. 512433.
- Custom length DB15 cables available for your switch installation.
- Lifetime guarantee against manufacturing defects.
The Model 8462 Network Switch is comprised of nine individually controlled, manually operated, DB15 Connect/Disconnect switches. When in CONNECT position, that individual channel input is completely connected to its respective channel output. When in DISCONNECT position, that individual channel input is completely disconnected from its respective channel output.
Optional Rackmount Brackets allow the Model 8462 DB15 manual network switch to be mounted in a 19" rack enclosure. The brackets are field installable. To order the 3.5" brackets, request: Cat. No. 512433, Model 2433 or click on Product Accessories tab.
Custom Network Switches are available. Contact us by phone, email, or complete the Online Custom Products Form. /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
Electro Standards can supply all of your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL Manual Data Network Switches are available for export.