Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, RJ45, Cat6
Model 7278 Single Channel RJ45, CAT6, A/B/C/D Switch, with Serial Remote Control
Shielded RJ45 port connectors provide additional EMI/RFI protection.
High bandwidth, accommodates streaming video, and other data intensive applications.
- PORT CONNECTORS:(5) RJ45 (F) shielded connectors labeled A, B, C, D and COMMON
- DISPLAY: (4) Front Panel red LED's indicate switch position and power status.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Front panel pushbutton allows local switching.
- REMOTE: (1) DB9(F) connector on rear panel accepts ASCII RS232 Serial Data for Remote Control Operation.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug. (Cat. No. 516682)
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount configuration 19.0"W x 1.75"H x 8.27"D. (48.3 x 4.4 x 21.1 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 5.0 lbs (2.3 kg)
SHIELDED RJ45 PORTS, CAT6 A/B/C/D APPLICATION WITH SERIAL REMOTE CONTROL:
The diagram illustrates sharing a COMMON network device between four resources, certified CAT6 compliance. The COMMON network device is connected to the COMMON RJ45 port, with access to four resources connected to the RJ45 ports labeled A, B, C, and D. The switch may be controlled remotely via the DB9 using RS232 ACSII Commands to control switch position, lockout front panel operations and obtain switch status.
- Allows quick connection to any one of four devices from one common device.
- The Switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All (8) pins of the RJ45 interface are switched via a break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- The unit maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Eliminates the need to plug and unplug cables.
- Certified Cat 6 compliance.
- Front-panel pushbutton control.
- Remote RS232 ASCII commands that allow the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations and obtain switch status, as well as, query firmware version number, query serial number and enable/disable autosend of switch positions.
- Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- Attractive all metal black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
The PathWay® Model 7278 RJ45 Single Channel, Cat6, A/B/C/D Switch with RS-232 Remote allows the user the capability of accessing four separate devices, ports A, B, C, and D via connection through a device connected to the Common port. The Model 7278 is enclosed in a 1U full rack size, all metal black chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shielding and fit in a standard 19" rack.
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE
(Cat No 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100 VAC - 240 VAC, 50Hz/60Hz for use in place of standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
This 4-Position Switch may be controlled manually via a front panel pushbutton, or remotely from an RS232 serial port located on the rear on the unit. Switch position status may be attained locally via the front panel LED display or the Remote RS232 serial port located on the rear of the unit.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.