Multi Interface Copper Network Switches, DB25, DB15, DB9
Model 7438 4-Channel DB25/DB15/DB9 A/B Switch with Telnet and GUI
- PORT CONNECTORS: Channels 1 through 4 each consist of (1) DB25 (F), (1) DB15 (F), (1) DB9 (F). These A, B, and COMMON switch ports are custom labeled as listed in Table 1.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (4) Manual pushbuttons allow local switching.
- REMOTE CONTROL PORT: (1) RJ45 female connector on rear panel accepts Ethernet 10/100Base-T connection and either TELNET commands or Graphical User Interface for remote operation.
- DISPLAY: (8) Front panel Red LED's display switch position and power status.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount 19.0"W x 5.25"H x 12.14"D (48.3 x 13.4 x 30.9 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 11.0 lbs. (5.0 kg)
|Table 1: Switch and Connector Labels
||ANDVT - 1
||KY99 - 1
||ADI - J3
||ANDVT - 2
||KY99 - 2
||ADI - J3
||ANDVT - 3
||KY99 - 3
||ADI - J3
||ANDVT - 4
||KY99 - 4
||ADI - J3
QUAD CHANNEL DB25/DB15/DB9 A/B SWITCH APPLICATION w/TELNET & GUI: The application drawing illlustrates 4 channels of independent switching. Each Channel consists of a DB25 A/B Switch, a DB15 A/B Switch and a DB9 A/B Switch. The three A/B Switches are independent channels (DB25/DB15/DB9) switch simultaneously from Position A to Position B or from Position B to Position A. Each channel can be controlled from the front panel pushbuttons, independently for simultaneousy control of the port sets. The Remote port is password protected. The RJ45 Remote port is IP Addressable, 10/100Base-T LAN connection which a user can control via Telnet commands or a User-friendly Graphical User Interface.
- Each channel consists of three A/B/COMMON port sets:
- (1) DB25
- (1) DB15
- (1) DB9
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All pins of the DB25, DB15, and DB9 interfaces are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- Independent control of each channel with front panel pushbutton control.
- Control of the switch position from a 10/100Base-T LAN Ethernet environment.
- Remote Telnet Command interface or Graphical User Interface that allows the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations, and obtain switch status.
- Remote control of the switch is password protected, where the password protection can be disabled.
- Front panel LED's display present position and power status.
The PathWay® Model 7438 4-Channel DB25/DB15/DB9 Switch with Telnet and GUI allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device, connected to the COMMON port, among two other devices, connected to the A and B ports, for each channel. Remote Control access can be accomplished using an Ethernet 10/100BASE-T connection and either Telnet Commands or Graphical User Interface.
The Model 7438 is enclosed in a 3U, full rack size, all metal black chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shielding adn fit in a standard 19" rack.
Option: Wide Range Power Supply: (Cat No. 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC/240VAC, 50/60Hz in place of the standard power module. Ideal for international applications.
UTILIZING THE USER FRIENDLY REMOTE GRAPHICAL USER INTERFACE SOFTWARE
To connect to the switch from a workstation or computer having access to the LAN that the PathWay® Model 7438 LAN port is connected to, simply launch a standard web browser and type in the appropriate IP address. The Java Applet will be automatically uploaded from the switch upon connection. The environment requirement for the GUI is Java 1.7 and above.
Figure 1 shows the PathWay® Model 7438 Remote Management Console Main Panel; it will view in a standard web browser..
Figure 1: Main panel GUI will be viewed in Standard Web Browser
10/100Base-T LAN SETUP
The switch is configured from the factory to use DHCP to automatically get its IP address from a DHCP server on the local area network when connected to the network and powered up. Therefore, a DHCP server is needed on the local area network for the initial configuration. After that, the switch can be configured to use a static IP address. To find the IP address of a switch that it has gotten from the DHCP server, or to reconfigure the IP Address of the switch, use Lantronix® DeviceInstaller application.
DeviceInstaller requires Microsoft's .NET Framework version 4.0 or higher. If the .NET Framework is not already installed, it must first be installed. The .NET Framework can be downloaded from Microsoft's website, either as a web install, or as a standalone installation. The latest version of DeviceInstaller can be downloaded from the Lantronix's website.
- Access User Interface via standard web browser.
- Easy to use, simple point and click operation.
- Remotely access to control or monitor the PathWay® Model 7438.
- Remote Control is password protected.
- Users can change the login password and/or switch's IP address.
- LAN access gives users across the LAN or over the Internet access to control if user network is configured accordingly
LOGGING into the Remote Control GUI
Once logged in, the user can perform one of several actions:
- Change the switch position for each channel.
- Each channel switched simultaneously, switches the three port sets (DB25/DB15/DB9) from Position A to Position B and from Position B to Position A.
- Lockout control of the switch's front panel
- Obtain switch status
- Change the login password
- Re-configure the switch's IP address
Figure 2: Model 7438 GUI Login screen
CHANGING POSITION AND LOCK STATUS
To change the switch position, click on the radio button for A or B, as desired. Locking and unlocking the front panel pushbutton can be done by clicking on the "Locked" or "Unlocked" radio buttons.
Figure 3: Change the switch position and/or lockout front panel operation from the GUI.
Custom Network Switches are available. Contact us by phone, email, or complete the Online Custom Products Form:
Electro Standards can supply all of your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
All data switch boxes, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL Manual Data Network Switches are available for export.