Multi Interface Copper Network Switches, DB25, DB15, DB9
Model 7438 4-Channel DB25/DB15/DB9 A/B Switch with Telnet and GUI
- PORT CONNECTORS: Channels 1 through 4 each consist of (1) DB25 (F), (1) DB15 (F), (1) DB9 (F). These A, B, and COMMON switch ports are custom labeled as listed in Table 1.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (4) Manual pushbuttons allow local switching.
- REMOTE CONTROL PORT: (1) RJ45 female connector on rear panel accepts Ethernet 10/100Base-T connection and either TELNET commands or Graphical User Interface for remote operation.
- DISPLAY: (8) Front panel Red LED's display switch position and power status.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC-240VAC, 50Hz-60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount 19.0"W x 5.25"H x 12.14"D (48.3 x 13.4 x 30.9 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 11.0 lbs. (5.0 kg)
PathWay® Model 7438 Switch and Connector Labels!
|Table 1: Switch and Connector Labels
|| B position
PathWay® Model 7438 Quad Channel DB25/DB15/DB9 A/B Switch Application w/Telnet & GUI Remote:
The application drawing illustrates 4 channels of independent switching.
Each Channel consists of a DB25 A/B Switch, a DB15 A/B Switch and a DB9 A/B Switch.
Each Channel Switches three A/B switches simultaneously (DB25 A/B, DB15 A/B and a DB9 A/B Switch combination).
- The four channels are independently switched.
- Each Independent Channel switches three port sets simultaneously from A position to B position and from B position to A position.
- Independently, control each channel via the front panel pushbuttons.
- Simultaneously control of the port sets.
- (Three A/B Switches; DB25 A/B Switch, DB15 A/B Switch and DB9 A/B Switch simultaneously for each of four channels.)
- The Remote port is password protected. The RJ45 Remote port is IP Addressable, 10/100Base-T LAN connection which a user can control via Telnet commands or a User-friendly Graphical User Interface.
- Each channel consists of three A/B/COMMON port sets:
- (1) DB25
- (1) DB15
- (1) DB9
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All pins of the DB25, DB15, and DB9 interfaces are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- Independent control of each channel with front panel pushbutton control.
- Each channel consists of three A/B Switches. (DB25 A/B Switch, DB15 A/B Switch and a DB9 A/B Switch)
- Control of the switch position from a 10/100Base-T LAN Ethernet environment.
- Remote Telnet Command Interface or Graphical User Interface that allows the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations, obtain switch status, as well as query firmware version number, query serial number and enable/disable autosend of switch positions.
- Remote control of the switch is password protected, where the password protection can be disabled.
- Front panel LED's display present position and power status.
The PathWay® Model 7438 4-Channel DB25/DB15/DB9 Switch with Telnet and GUI allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device, connected to the COMMON port, among two other devices, connected to the A and B ports, for each channel. Remote Control access can be accomplished using an Ethernet 10/100BASE-T connection and either Telnet Commands or Graphical User Interface.
The PathWay® Model 7438 is enclosed in a 3U, full rack size, all metal, black chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shielding and fit in a standard 19" rack.
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE
(Cat No 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100 VAC-240 VAC, 50Hz-60Hz for use in place of standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
ETHERNET REMOTE PORT, I.P ADDRESSABLE, WITH GUI
UTILIZING THE USER FRIENDLY REMOTE GRAPHICAL USER INTERFACE SOFTWARE
To connect to the switch from a workstation or computer having access to the LAN that the Model 7820's LAN port is connected to, simply launch a standard web browser and type in the appropriate IP address. The Java Applet will be automatically uploaded from the switch upon connection. The environment requirement for the GUI is Java 1.7 and above.
Figure 1 shows the PathWay® Model 7438 Remote Management Console Main Panel; it will view in a standard web browser.
- Access User Interface via standard web browser.
- Easy to use, simple point and click operation.
- Remotely access to control or monitor the PathWay® Model 7438.
- Remote Control is password protected.
- Users can change the login password and/or switch's IP address.
LOGGING into the Remote-Control GUI
- Once logged in, the user can perform one of several actions:
- Change the switch position for each channel independently.
- Each of four Independent Channel simultaneously three port sets. (DB25 A/B Switch, DB15 A/B Switch and DB15 A/B Switch)
- Lockout control of the switch's front panel
- Change the login password
- Re-configure the switch's IP address
Figure 2: Model 7438 GUI Login screen
CHANGING POSITION AND LOCK STATUS
To change the switch position of a channel, click on the radio button for A or B, as desired for each channel. Locking and unlocking the front panel pushbutton can be done by clicking on the "Locked" or "Unlocked" radio buttons for each channel.
- Each of four Independent Channels simultaneously switch three port sets. (DB25 A/B Switch, DB15 A/B Switch and DB15 A/B Switch)
Figure 3: Change the switch position and/or lockout front panel operation from the GUI.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.