Model 8982 7-to-1 Broadcast Sharing Unit with Cascade Port
- Multiple units can be cascaded to allow expansive broadcast network!
The Model 8982 RS232 / DB25 7-1 Broadcast Sharing Unit permits RS232 data broadcast from a single device connected to the Common port among seven devices connected to Ports 1-7 simultaneously.
The Model 8982 operates in a polling environment where Port 1-7 devices are polled for data. Based on the content of the data sent from the Common Port device, the appropriate connected device responds. Status LED indicators on the top of the unit display the signal activity of each port, and separate LED indicator represents the status of power connected to the unit.
Model 8982 Operation
The Model 8982 supports seven signals of the RS232 / DB25 interface; pins 2 (TD), 3 (RD), 4 (RTS), 5 (CTS), 7 (SG), 8 (DCD), and 20 (DTR). All of these signals are received and re-driven through the unit to ensure the signal is not loaded down or transmission degraded in any way.
- A "BROADCAST-TYPE" port sharer.
- Use a single phone line and modem to share up to seven RS232 devices.
- Multiple units can be cascaded to create a more expansive broadcast network.
- Run asynchronous half or full duplex.
- Transparent to data rate up to 64 Kbps.
- Leads supported are 2 thru 8 and 20.
- For a "CONTENTION-TYPE" port sharer, see Model 4441, Cat. No. 304441.
- PORT CONNECTORS: All Port and Common connections are DB25 female.
- DISPLAY: (7) PORT LED's and one POWER LED displays status and activity.
- POWER: UL Approved 100VAC/240VAC, 50/60 Hz wall mount power module supplies
12 VDC, 500 mA to the unit.(Cat No 523520)
- DIMENSIONS: 8.0" W x 2.5" H x 8.0" D. (20.3 x 6.4 x 20.3 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 2.5 lbs. (1.1 Kg)
|Option: Wide Range Power Supply:
|Cat No 514296 CE and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC/240VAC, 50/60Hz in place of the standard 115 VAC or 120 VAC power module. Ideal for international applications.
| SHARING APPLICATION FOR THE MODEL 8982
- CASDADING 7 OR 13 DEVICES
- Multiple units can be cascaded to allow expansive broadcast network.
- Send asynchronous data to as many as thirteen printers, PC's, plotters or other "receive only" slave devices.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.