Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch
Model 7435 Auto-Controlled 16-Channel RJ45 A/B Switch
- Switch position of individual channels is controlled by sensing incoming
data on ports A and B.
- IP Addressable Data Network Switch.
- CONNECTORS: (48) RJ45 female ports located on the rear panel:
- (16) A
- (16) B
- (16) Common
- DISPLAY: Each of the 16 channels is represented on the front panel by
red LED's which indicate the position of the switch.
- GUI/REMOTE: (1) RJ45 (F) connector TCP/IP network interface.
- MON IN - connected to the MON OUT port of the other units.
- MON OUT - Utilized by the user to sample the traffic on the monitored
channel or used to connect to the MON IN of another box.
- RS232 IN - RS232 OUT Used to connect to another Model 7435 in the system.
- POWER: CE and UL approved 100-240 VAC, 50/60Hz power module supplies 12 VDC, 1.5 A to the switch. The power module is is Cat. No. 517277
- DIMENSIONS: (2U) 3.5" H x 19.0" W x 10.0" D.
- WEIGHT: 8.5 lbs.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- On all of the RJ45 ports, pins 2, 4, and 5 are switched and pin 6 is ground.
- All channels can be switched simultaneously or independently.
- All switched signals are passed via gold clad silver relays that maintain their position and continuity even in the event of a power loss.
- All channels of the switch return to position A on power cycle.
- Automatic individual channel switching between switch positions A and B via Transmit Data (TD) activity.
- Remote port is 10/100 RJ45 Ethernet port. User setup allows assignment of IP address for the switch unit. Unit access via Ethernet, Graphical User Interface, Point and click control. Unit password / login required to maintain security.
- Control up to (4) 16-channel switches with one Ethernet access/remote control port per set of cascaded switch units.
- Remotely select any one channel to monitor Transmit Data (TD) and Receive Data (RD) from one switch or series of switches cascaded together.
- One data monitor port per set of cascaded switch units.
- Selectable delay between 0 to 10 seconds before scanning data on inactivity line, selection in increments of seconds.
- Baud Rates to 19,200 BPS.
- Switch time approximately 3.5 msec after valid Transmit Data (TD) signal presence verified.
The Model 7435 Auto-Controlled 16-Channel RJ45 A/B Switch provides a powerful and versatile tool to manage switching requirements. The system allows the user the capability of sharing a single port RJ45 interface device connected to the Common port among two other devices connected to the A and B ports with remote access functionality. This is true for each of the switch's 16 channels.
The port position (A or B) of individual channels in the Model 7435 is user configurable to be determined either manually, via the GUI, or automatically per the programming.
Automatic - The position of individual channels is controlled by sensing incoming data on ports A and B. The unit initially powers up in the A position on all channels. Data is monitored on both the A and B ports of every channel approximately every millisecond. If no data is received on port A for a user-specified number of seconds, the unit will then check the current status of port B. If valid data (determined by a single sample...at least 1 millisecond required to accomplish) is being received on port B, the appropriate channel(s) will switch to the port B.
If port B is also inactive, then those channels will remain in position A. If the current switch position is port B and if no data is received on port B for a user-specified number of seconds, the unit will then check the current status of port A. If valid data is being received on port A, the appropriate channels will switch to port A. If port A is inactive, the appropriate channels will remain on port B.
Manual - The position of individual channels is dictated by the user via the Graphical User Interface (GUI). A GUI panel allows the user to manually choose the position of each channel individually. In addition, other button controls allow the user to gang switch all channels for a single unit or all channels for all units (global) that comprise the switching system.
REMOTE CONTROL (1) RJ45 (F):
- The switch may be controlled using an ESL Web Applet using the local area network with the Ethernet port on the rear of the unit. The Model 7435 Web-GUI Applet uses the local area network to communicate with the switch.
10/100-Base-T LAN Graphical User Interface:
The Model 7435 allows the user the capability of remote access to the switch through the LAN control port. This software will download automatically from the Model 7435 switch, but it requires some changes in network setting to connect to the switch first.
The Switch's network interface is configured by the manufacturer to automatically acquire the switch's IP address from a DHCP server. To accommodate the end user, the DeviceInstaller application shall be used to find the IP address that it has acquired and optionally to assign a static IP address to it.
- Access Graphical User Interface via standard web browser.
- Login password authentication required.
- Simple point and click operation.
- Remote access to control and monitor the Model 7435 Switch System.
- Users can change the login password.
- LAN access gives users across the LAN or over the Internet access to control if user network is configured accordingly.
- Once logged in, the user can perform many tasks, such as selecting a unit, changing individual switch position(s), changing mode(s) between automatic/manual, and changing the user login password.
- Add new unit(s) (up to a total of 4).
- Edit auto switching delay time.
- Select/turn off monitor channel.
- Edit alias assigned to a specific unit.
- Switch all channels for a selected unit to position A.
- Switch all channels for a selected unit to position B.
- Set mode for all channels for a selected unit to Auto, allowing port positions to be determined by data signal presence detection.
- Switch all channels for all connected units to position A.
- Switch all channels for all connected units to position B.
- Set mode for all channels for all connected units to Auto, allowing port positions to be determined by data signal presence detection.
- Manually update status for all connected units.
This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here or on GSA icon for details.
Don't forget to order cables for your switch. Custom length cables yield maximum transmission performance! Electro Standards can supply all of your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are availabe for export.