Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, RJ45, Cat5
Model 7348 Tri-Channel RJ45 CAT5 A/B Switch, with Local and Remote Control, 1U Rackmount
- PORT CONNECTORS: (9) RJ45(F) connectors total (A, B, and Common for each of the three channels).
- FRONT PANEL CONTROLS: (3) Pushbuttons labeled Channel 1 through Channel 3.
- DISPLAY: (6) Red LED's total indicate the A or B switch positions for each of the three channels.
- SUPERVISORY REMOTE PORT: (1) DB9(F) connector accepts RS232 serial data.
- POWER: UL approved wall mount 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz power module supplies 12VDC, 500 mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount configuration 19" W x 1.75" H x 8" D. (48.3 x 4.4 x 20.3 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 4.5 lbs. (2.0 kg)
TRI-CHANNEL RJ45 CAT5 A/B SWITCH APPLICATION: The diagram illustrates a COMMON device connected to the RJ45 COMMON port with access to two other devices for each of the three Cat5 RJ45 A/B channels. The REMOTE port is a DB9 port used to control the unit remotely via RS232 ASCII commands to individually switch each channel or use the gang commands to switch all three channels simultaneously.
- Each channel is an individual switch that is independently controlled.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All eight pins of the RJ45 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- The unit maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Remote RS232 ASCII commands that allow the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations, and obtain switch status.
- Independent control of channels.
- RS232 commands allow gang commands.
- Front panel LEDs display the present position and power status.
- Ceritifed for Cat5 compliance.
- Attractive all metal black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Municipalities, schools, government: On GSA Schedule!
The PathWay® Model 7348 Tri-Channel RJ45 Cat5 A/B Data Network Switch with Remote Control allows the user the capability of accessing two separate devices, ports A & B, via connection through a device connected to the Common port for each of the switch's three channels. The network switch may be controlled manually via front panel pushbuttons or remotely from an RS232 serial port located on the rear of the unit. The Model 7348 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shielding and fit in a standard 19" rack.
Switch position states may be attained via the front panel LED displays or the remote RS232 serial port (DB9) located on the rear of the unit.
Specifications USB to DB9 Serial Converter Cable Available! If only USB ports are available on the computer or if a USB port is chosen to be used for any reason, a USB to DB9 serial converter cable will be needed. This cable can be provided by ESL under part number 528693.
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE
(Cat No 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100 VAC / 240 VAC, 50Hz/60Hz in place of standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
- This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here or on GSA icon for details.
Cat 5 cables available from stock!
Electro Standards can supply all of your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For a custom switch call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
All ESL products are available for export.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.