Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, RJ45, Cat5
Model 7348 Tri-Channel RJ45 CAT5 A/B Switch, with Local and Remote Control, 1U Rackmount
- PORT CONNECTORS: (9) RJ45(F) connectors total (A, B, and Common for each of the three channels).
- FRONT PANEL CONTROLS: (3) Pushbuttons labeled Channel 1 through Channel 3.
- DISPLAY: (6) Red LED's total indicate the A or B switch positions for each of the three channels.
- SUPERVISORY REMOTE PORT: (1) DB9(F) connector accepts RS232 serial data.
- POWER: UL approved wall mount 100VAC-240VAC, 50Hz-60Hz power module supplies 12VDC, 500 mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount configuration 19" W x 1.75" H x 8" D. (48.3 x 4.4 x 20.3 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 4.5 lbs. (2.0 kg)
PathWay® Model 7348 Tri-Channel RJ45 CAT5 A/B Switch Application with RS232 Remote Control:
- The diagram illustrates three Independent A/B Switches.
- Each Channel has a COMMON device connected to the RJ45 COMMON port with access to two other devices for each of the three Cat5 RJ45 A/B channels.
- The REMOTE port is a DB9 port used to control the unit remotely via RS232 ASCII commands; Individually switch each channel.
- The REMOTE commands allow a user to simultaneously switch all three channels via Gang Commands.
- Each channel is an individual switch that is independently controlled.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All eight pins of the RJ45 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- The unit maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Remote RS232 ASCII commands that allow the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations, and obtain switch status.
- Independent control of channels.
- RS232 commands allow gang commands.
- Front panel LEDs display the present position and power status.
- Certified for Cat5 compliance.
- Attractive all metal, black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Municipalities, schools, government: On GSA Schedule!
The PathWay® Model 7348 Tri-Channel RJ45 Cat5 A/B Data Network Switch with Remote Control allows the user the capability of accessing two separate devices, ports A & B, via connection through a device connected to the Common port for each of the switch's three channels. The network switch may be controlled manually via front panel pushbuttons or remotely from an RS232 serial port located on the rear of the unit. The PathWay® Model 7348 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shielding and fit in a standard 19" rack.
Switch position states may be attained via the front panel LED displays or the remote RS232 serial port (DB9) located on the rear of the unit.
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE (Cat. No. 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC-240VAC, 50Hz-60Hz for use in place of the standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
SPECIFICATIONS: USB to DB9 Serial Converter Cable Available! If only USB ports are available on the computer or if a USB port is chosen to be used for any reason, a USB to DB9 serial converter cable will be needed. This cable can be provided by ESL under part number 528693.
This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here for GSA details.
Model 7348 is available to government purchasers on our GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Call for discounted price and terms.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.