Path Way® Board-Only Network Switch
Remotely Controllable Network Switch, Cat5, RJ45
Model 7423 RJ45 Cat5 A/B/C/D Switch with Serial Remote Control port, Board Only
- Designed for inclusion as a component in your product or system.
- PORT CONNECTORS: (5) RJ45(F) connectors tagged A, B, C, D and COMMON.
- MANUAL CONTROLS: (4) Manual pushbuttons allow local switching.
- DISPLAY: (4) LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE CONTROL: (1) DB9 female connector on rear panel accepts ASCII RS232 Serial Data for remote control operation.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: (Board), 10.5" W x 1.5" H x 3.5" D. (26.7 x 3.8 x 8.9 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 0.5 lbs. (227 grams)
CAT5 FOUR POSITION APPLICATION: The diagram illustrates a COMMON device connected to the CAT5 COMMON port with access to four of your system devices or product devices connected to the CAT5 ports, labeled A, B, C, and D. There is also a DB9 REMOTE port which accepts ASCII RS232 commands for remote control operation of the board.
- The network switch ports are transparent to all data.
- Four signals switched. Pairs (1 & 2) (3 & 6).
- All switched signals are passed via copper contact relays that maintain their position and continuity even in the event of a power loss.
- Board mounted pushbutton control or Remote ASCII Command access through the serial port.
- Board mounted LED's display the current switch position and power status.
- Remote Control Lockout of pushbuttons.
- Remote Control query of current switch position.
- Meets Cat 5 compliance standards.
- Municipalities, schools, government: This product on GSA Schedule!
The PathWay® Model 7423 RJ45 4-Position Data Switch with Serial Remote Control, Board Only, provides the user with local and remote control functionality. It allows the user to share a single RJ45 interface device connected to the Common port among four other devices connected to the A, B, C, and D ports.
Remote access can be accomplished by RS-232 commands sent via the Serial Remote Control Port. Users can remotely monitor status, control switch functions, and lockout the front panel pushbuttons.
This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here or on GSA icon for details.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
PathWay® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
Electro Standards can supply all of your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
Order Custom Length Cat5 Cables For Optimum Performance!
For all RJ45 Premium Network Cables, No Boots (For Data Ports of the switch), click here: RJ45 Premium Network Cables, No Boots
For all RJ45 Premium Network Cables, Snaggless Boots (For Data Ports of the switch), click here: RJ45 Premiums Network Cables, Snagless Boots
For all RJ45 Economy Network Cables (for Data Ports of the switch),
click here: RJ45 Ecomonmy Network Cables
For the DB9 Remote Port Cable,
click here: DB9 Remote Port Cable
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
All ESL products are available for export.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.