QuickSwitch® 6299 Single Channel All Fiber Optic LC Duplex A/B Switch
Switch to backup fiber optic link, quickly and easily!
Ideal for switching data to multiple video displays, scoreboards, LED signs.
Add flexibility to mission critical IT platforms and tactical communication networks.
- PORT CONNECTORS: (3) LC duplex female connectors labeled, A, B, and COMMON.
- FIBER SIZE: 50/125, 850 nm.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Manual Pushbutton allows local switching. (No remote control)
- DISPLAY: (2) Front-panel LEDs display switch position and power status.
- POWER: "WIDE RANGE" CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power modules (Cat No 517277) 100VAC/240VAC, 50/60 Hz supplies 12VDC to the unit. Has IEC 30620 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
- DIMENSIONS: 19"W x 1.75"H x 8"D. (48.3 x 4.4 x 20.3)
- WEIGHT: Approx. 4.0 lbs. (1.8 kg)
LOCALLY CONTROLLED FIBER OPTIC LC DUPLEX A/B APPLICATION:
The drawing illustrates a single channel Fiber optic AB Switch with no remote control. A COMMON fiber optic device connected to the LC duplex COMMON port shares between two devices connected to the LC duplex ports A and B. Local control of the fiber optic switch is achieved using the front-panel pushbutton.
- Allows quick connection to any one of two LC fiber optic interface devices from one COMMON port.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All fiber optic signals are switched via break-before-make MEMS-based mirror/prism switch technology.
- Switch reverts to "A" position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- When power is restored, unit will stay in the "A" position until switched by the user.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Front panel LED's display present position and power status.
- All A, B, and COM ports are LC, Multi-mode, 50/125 micron, and support a wavelength of 850nm.
- MEMS-based mirror/prism switch technology supports Gigabit data rates.
- The fiber ports are configured per TIA/EIA-568-B.3, where the TX of the COM port is routed to the RX of the A/B ports and vice versa.
- Ideal for fallback applications.
- Optical data throughput scalability.
- Custom length, rigorously tested and certified, LC fiber optic cables available for your switch installation.
The QuickSwitch® Model 6299 Single Channel All Fiber Optic LC Duplex A/B Switch allows a device connected to the COM port to access devices connected to the A or B port. The QuickSwitch® 6299 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal black chassis designed to fit in a standard 19" rack.
The switch may be controlled locally by manually operating the front-panel pushbutton. The front-panel LED display indicates the switch position and unit power status.
TO READ THE ARTICLE: "HOW TO DETERMINE THE RIGHT FIBER OPTIC NETWORK BACKUP SWITCH FOR YOUR APPLICATION", click link to read as a pdf. You need Acrobat Reader to view the file.
QuickSwitch® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Switches are available in many configurations: auto fallback, switch/converters, multimode & single mode, and secure off-line positions. Check out our complete line of QuickSwitch® fiber optic switches.
For custom fiber optic network switches contact our friendly sales support staff at 401-943-1164; or email: email@example.com, or complete our online Custom Product Request form.
Electro Standards can supply all your Fiber Optic Cable requirements.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateurs à fibres optiques, interruptores de fibra óptica, switch in fibra ottica, switches de fibra óptica, fiberoptiska switcher.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.