QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Network Switch, ST Simplex
QuickSwitch® 6314 Quad Channel ST Simplex Online/Offline Switch
Quick Connect/Disconnect to/from four networks.
Fully decoupled OFFLINE capability. The ultimate firewall!
- PORT CONNECTORS:
- (4) ST Simplex connectors, labeled IN, one for each channel.
- (4) ST Simplex connectors labeled OUT, one for each channel.
- FIBER: 62.5/125 micron, 850 nm, multimode.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Manual pushbutton allows local switching.
- FRONT PANEL DISPLAY: On the front-panel, (1) Green LED (ONLINE) and (1) Red LED (OFFLINE) indicates switch position and power.
- NO REMOTE CONTROL
- POWER: UL Approved 100VAC-240VAC, 50 Hz-60 Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500 mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: 19.0" W x 1.75" H x 10.6" D (48.3 x 4.4 x 27.0 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 5.4 lbs. (2.5 kg)
QuickSwitch® 6314 Quad Channel ST Simplex ONLINE/OFFLINE Application:
The drawing illustrates four channels of ST Simplex ONLINE/OFFLINE switching. Each channel has a Fiber Optic Network connected to the IN port and a Fiber Optic Network connected to the OUT port. The ONLINE position CONNECTS the Fiber Optic Networks connected to the IN ports and the OUT ports for all four channels. The OFFLINE position DISCONNECTS the Fiber Optic Networks connected to the IN ports from the OUT ports for all four channels.
- Each channel allows quick connection or disconnection between four fiber optic networks or devices.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All fiber signals are switched via break-before-make MEMS-based mirror/prism switch technology and supports Gigabit data rates.
- The unit maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Upon power restore, the unit will remain in the position it was in at power down.
- Simultaneous control of all channels.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- No Remote Control.
- Front panel LED's display present position and power status.
- All A, B, and COM ports are ST Simplex, Multi-mode, 62.5/125 micron and support a wavelength of 850nm.
- Optical scalability throughput.
- Eliminates need to plug/unplug fiber optic patchcords.
- Custom length, rigorously tested and certified, ST Simplex fiber optic cables available for your switch installation.
The QuickSwitch® 6314 Quad Channel ST Simplex Online/Offline Switch allows the user the capability of connecting or disconnecting four separate devices, ports IN and OUT, via an Online or Offline connection for each channel. The QuickSwitch® 6314 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal black chassis designed to fit in a standard 19" rack.
The switch may be controlled manually via the front panel only. Switch position state may be attained via the front panel LED's.
Option: Wide Range Power Supply: (Cat No. 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC-240VAC, 50-60Hz for use in place of the standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
QuickSwitch® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Switches are available in many configurations: auto fallback, switch/converters, multimode & single mode, and secure off-line positions. Check out our complete line of QuickSwitch® fiber optic switches.
For custom fiber optic network switches contact our friendly sales support staff at 401-943-1164; or email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online Custom Product Request form.
Electro Standards can supply all your Fiber Optic Cable requirements.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateurs à fibres optiques, interruptores de fibra óptica, switch in fibra ottica, switches de fibra óptica, fiberoptiska switcher.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.