Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, Cat5e, RJ45
Model 7356 6-Channel RJ45 Cat 5e A/B Switch with RS232 Remote
- Improves Efficiency By Providing Reliable Data Backup Switching.
- Six Individual RJ45 A/B Switches Occupying Only 1U Vertical Rack Space.
- PORT CONNECTORS: (18) RJ45(F) connectors total (A, B, and COMMON for each of six channels).
- FRONT PANEL CONTROLS: (6) Pushbuttons labeled Channel 1 through Channel 6.
- DISPLAY: (12) Red LED's total indicate the A or B switch positions for each of the six channels.
- SUPERVISORY REMOTE PORT: (1) DB9(F) connector accepts RS232 serial data.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount configuration 19" W x 1.75" H x 10" D.
(48.3 x 4.4 x 25.4 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 5.8 lbs. (2.7 kg)
CAT5e SIX CHANNEL APPLICATION w/RS232 REMOTE: The drawing illustrates six A/B Channels of Independent Switching. Each Channel has a device connected to the CAT5e COMMON port accessing two other devices or networks connected to the CAT5e A and B ports. A DB9 REMOTE port allows the user to control the six channels individually via ASCII RS232 Commands.
- Each channel allows access to two RJ45 Cat5e networks from one COMMON network or device.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All (8) pins of the RJ45 Interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Independent control of all channels, with gang commands.
- Remote RS232 ASCII commands that allow the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations, obtain switch status, as well as query firmware version number, query serial number and enable/disable autosend of switch positions.
- Front panel LED's display present position and power status.
- Certified Cat5e compliance.
- The unit maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Attractive all metal black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Custom length RJ45 Cat5e cables available for your switch installation.
The PathWay® Model 7356 6-Channel RJ45 Cat5e A/B Network Switch with RS232 Remote Control allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device connected to the COMMON port among two other devices connected to the "A" and "B" ports, for each channel. The Model 7356 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal black chassis designed provide EMI/RFI shielding and fit in a standard 19" rack.
The switch may be controlled manually via front panel pushbuttons or remotely from an RS232 serial port located on the rear of the unit. Switch position status may be attained via the front panel LED display or the remote RS232 serial port (DB9) located on the rear of the unit.
Wide Range Power Option Available: (Cat No. 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC/240VAC, 50/60Hz for use in place of the standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
Don't forget to order RJ-45 Cat 5e patchcords. Custom lengths and many colors are available.
PathWay® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch
Electro Standards can supply all of your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
All ESL products are available for export.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.