Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, DB25
Model 7262 DB25 Dual Channel RS232 A/B Switch with both Serial and Contact Closure Remote Control
Applicable to switching ANY DB25 interface.
Popular applications: RS-232 Serial Data Communications Ports on PC's, and Parallel Printer Ports on PC's.
- PORT CONNECTORS: Each channel has (3) DB25 female connectors labeled A, B and COMMON.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (2) Manual pushbuttons allow local switching.
- DISPLAY: (4) Front panel LED's display channel switch position and power status.
- REMOTE: (1) DB9 (F) connector on rear panel accepts contact closure or RS232 Serial Data for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC-240VAC, 50Hz-60 Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500 mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount configuration 19.0" W x 1.75" H x 8.0" D. (48.3 x 4.4 x 20.3 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 4.6 lbs (2.1 kg)
Dual Channel DB25 A/B Application w/RS232 & CONTACT CLOSURE REMOTE:
The PathWay® Model 7262 application drawing shows two channels of A/B Switching for each Channel 2. For each channel, a COMMON port device has access to Device 1 or Device 2 connected to Port A and Port B, respectively. The DB9 Remote port can be used to control the Model 7262 via RS232 Serial commands or Contact Closure Signaling.
- Each channel allows quick connection to any one of two DB25 devices from one COMMON device.
- All (25) pins of the DB25 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- Both channels switch simultaneously or independently.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- The unit maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Independent control of channels, with gang commands.
- Remote RS232 ASCII commands that allow the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations and obtain switch status.
- Remote Contact Closure control provides dry contact logic to allow the control of the switch position.
- Front panel LED's display present position and power status.
- Attractive all metal, black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Custom length DB25 cables available for your switch position.
- See Companion product, Model 700 RS-232 Breakout Box.
The PathWay® Model 7262 Dual Channel RS232 A/B network switch with RS232 and Contact Closure Remote allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device connected to the COMMON port among two other devices connected to the A and B ports for each channel. The Model 7262 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal, black chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shielding and fit in a standard 19"rack.
The switch may be controlled locally by manually operating the front panel pushbutton or remotely from the DB9 female Remote port located on the rear of the unit. The front panel LED display indicates the switch position and unit power status.
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE
(Cat No 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100 VAC - 240 VAC, 50Hz/60Hz for use in place of standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
Ask about our popular Model 700 RS-232 Breakout Box.
Tri-State LED's monitor the data interface for fault isolation
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.