Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, Cat5e
Model 7341R RJ45 CAT5e A/B Switch, with GUI Interface to 10/100 Base-T LAN Remote Control
Dual (Redundant) Power Supplies for increased reliability
- PORT CONNECTORS: (3) RJ45(F) connectors, A, B, and COMMON.
- COMPLIANCE: Interface meets or exceeds Cat 5e performance.
- CONTROLS: (1) Pushbutton to select A or B.
- DISPLAY: (2) Red LED's display switch position and indicate power presence.
- SUPERVISORY REMOTE PORT: (1) RJ45 female connector on rear panel accepts Ethernet 10/100 Base-T connection and either TELNET commands or Graphical User Interface for remote operation.
- POWER: (2) UL approved 100VAC-240VAC, 50Hz-60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500 mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: 19.0" W x 1.75" H x 8.18" D. (48.3 x 4.4 x 20.8 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 4.3 lbs. (2.0 kg)
PathWay® Model 7341R CAT5e A/B Switch Application w/ GUI Interface & Dual Power Supplies:
The drawing illustrates a Cat5e compliant RJ45 A/B Switch. A COMMON device connected to the RJ45 COMMON port has access to Device A and Device B connected to the RJ45 A and RJ45 B ports. There is an RJ45 Remote port that allows the user to use Telnet Commands or a Graphical User Interface to remotely control the Model 7341R. The Remote control of the unit is password protected. The Model 7341R has two power supplies for increased reliablity.
- Allows quick connection to any one of two RJ45 devices from one COMMON device.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All (8) pins of the RJ45 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Switch maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Control of the switch position from a 10/100Base-T LAN Ethernet environment. IP Addressable!
- Remote Control Telnet Command Interface or Graphical User Interface that allows the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations and obtain switch status.
- Remote control is password protected.
- Front panel LED's display present switch position and power status.
- Cat 5e compliance.
- Redundant Power Supplies help reduce downtime due to power loss. Two power supplies are included.
- Attractive all metal, black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Custom length RJ45 cables available for your switch installation.
The PathWay® Model 7341R Single Channel RJ45 Cat5e A/B Switch with Telnet and GUI allows the user the capability of sharing a single port RJ45 interface device, connected to the "COMMON" port, among two other devices, connected to the A and B ports. The Model 7341 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal, black chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shielding and fit in a standard 19" rack.
Remote access can be accomplished using an Ethernet 10/100 Base-T connection and Telnet or GUI.
Proper authentication is required for remote access via the 10/100Base-T connection. Users can then monitor status, lockout front panel pushbutton control, and control switch position.
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE
(Cat No 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100 VAC - 240 VAC, 50Hz/60Hz for use in place of standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
FOR A UNIT WITH A SINGLE POWER SUPPLY
See Model 7341, Cat. No. 307341
UTILIZING THE USER FRIENDLY REMOTE GRAPHICAL USER INTERFACE SOFTWARE
To connect to the switch from a workstation or computer having access to the LAN that the Model 7341 LAN port is connected to, simply launch a standard web browser and type in the appropriate IP address. The Java Applet will be automatically uploaded from the switch upon connection. The environment requirement for the GUI is Java 1.7 and above.
10/100Base-T LAN SETUP
The switch is configured from the factory to use DHCP to automatically get its IP address from a DHCP server on the local area network when connected to the network and powered up. Therefore, a DHCP server is needed on the local area network for the initial configuration. After that, the switch can be configured to use a static IP address. To find the IP address of a switch that it has gotten from the DHCP server, or to reconfigure the IP Address of the switch, use Lantronix® DeviceInstaller application.
DeviceInstaller requires Microsoft's .NET Framework version 4.0 or higher. If the .NET Framework is not already installed, it must first be installed. The .NET Framework can be downloaded from Microsoft's website, either as a web install, or as a standalone installation. The latest version of DeviceInstaller can be downloaded from the Lantronix's website.
- Access User Interface via standard web browser.
- Easy to use, simple point and click operation.
- Remotely access to control or monitor the Model 7341.
- Remote Control is password protected.
- Users can change the login password and/or switch's IP address.
- LAN access gives users across the LAN or over the Internet access to control if user network is configured accordingly.
Figure 1: GUI in a Standard Web Browser
LOGGING into the GUI
- Once logged in, the user can perform one of several actions:
- Change the switch position.
- Lockout control of the switch's front panel.
- Change the login password.
- Re-configure the switch's IP address.
Figure 2: Logging into the GUI.
CHANGING POSITION AND LOCK STATUS
To change the switch position, click on the radio button for A or B, as desired. Locking and unlocking the front panel pushbutton can be done by clicking on the "Locked" or "Unlocked" radio buttons. See Figure 3.
Figure 3: Change the position and lockout from the GUI.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.