Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, E1 Interface
Model 7146 6-Channel Normal/Bypass Data Switch, E1 Interface with Remote Control
Allows New Equipment to be Added-To or Bypassed-From E1 Data Links.
Ideal for inserting or removing devices that are concatenated, linked together in a chain or series.
- PORT CONNECTORS: (24) RJ48 female connectors (Four connectors labeled 1,2,3,4 for each of the six channels).
- FRONT PANEL CONTROLS: (6) Manual pushbuttons allow local switching.
- DISPLAY: (12) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE: (1) DB9 (F) connector on rear panel accepts ASCII RS232 Serial Data for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: Wide Range CE, RoHS and UL listed table mount power module (Cat. No. 517277) 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount 19.0" W x 3.5" H x 8.20" D. (48.3 x 8.9 x 21.9 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 7.7 lbs (3.5 kg)
NORMAL/BYPASS E1 INTERFACE APPLICATION w/RS232 REMOTE:
The drawing illustrates one channel function of the Model 7146 6-channel NORMAL/BYPASS switch. New Equipment can be Added-To or Bypassed-From E1 Data Links. The DB9 Remote Control allows the user to control the switch via ASCII RS232 commands.
The application drawing shows a device inserted into the network and a device removed from the network. It also shows the DB9 Remote port for ASCII RS232 commands for Remote Control Operation.
NORMAL/BYPASS E1 TYPICAL REAR PANEL CONNECTIONS: The drawing illustrates one channel of the 6-Channel Model 7146. The typical channel has four RJ45 connectors labeled 1, 2, 3 and 4 on the rear panel of the unit.
- Model 7146 is a 6-Channel unit.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All (8) pins of the RJ48/RJ45 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- Normal Position connects 1 to 2 and connects 4 to 3, thereby inserting concatenated device into the network.
- Bypass Position connects 1 to 4, isolates 2 and 3, thereby removing the concatenated device from the network.
- Simultaneous control of channels.
- Independent control of channels.
- When power is lost, unit reverts to the Bypass position.
- In Manual mode, when power is restored, the unit stays in Bypass position.
- In Auto mode, when power is restored, the unit will automatically switch to the Normal position if signal is present on Ports 2 and 3 of a given channel.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Remote RS-232 ASCII commands that allow the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations, obtain switch status, as well as, query firmware version number, query serial number and enable/disable autosend of switch positions.
- Remote RS-232 commands that also allow Set Filter Default value, unlock/lock designated channel, Auto Mode, Manual Mode and gang commands.
- Front panel LED’s display switch position and power status.
- A 3-Channel unit is also available (Model 7143, Cat. No. 307143).
- A 1-Channel unit is also available (Model 7141, Cat. No. 307141).
The PathWay® 7146 Six-Channel RJ48/RJ45 Normal/Bypass Switch supports connection into a network (NORMAL) or disconnection from a network (BYPASS) of an “in-series” type device or terminal. Each switch channel is able to be switched singly or as a group. The Model 7146 is enclosed in a 2U, full rack size, all metal black chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shielding and fit in a standard 19” rack.
The switch may be controlled locally by manually operating the front panel pushbuttons, or remotely from the DB9 Serial Remote port located on the rear panel. The front panel LED display indicates if the switch is in Normal or Bypass Mode.
Each channel monitors data activity of port “2” and port “3”. The Model 7146 can be set to different modes of operation to respond to data presence and data failure.
This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here for GSA details.
Model 7146 is available to government purchasers on our GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Call for discounted price and terms.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.