Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, DB25, Crossover
Model 7286 DB25 Normal / Crossover Switch with Contact Control Remote Port
Designed for switching between data sources to either of two destinations.
Applicable to ANY DB25 interface devices.
Ideal for Commercial-Off-the-Shelf (COTS) purchase.
- PORT CONNECTORS: (4) DB25(F) connectors labeled A, B, C, and D.
- REMOTE CONTROL: (1) DB9(F) custom remote contact control port accepts dry contact closure transition signals for Remote Control Operation.
- DISPLAY: (2) LED's labeled NORMAL and CROSSOVER front panel
- display indicate switch position and power status.
- LOCAL CONTROL: (1) Front panel pushbutton allows local control of switch between NORMAL and CROSSOVER state.
- POWER: Requires customer supplied 12VDC, 500mA Power Input. A mating power connector is included with the Model 7286.
- DIMENSIONS: 19" W x 1.75" H x 8.16" D (48.3 x 4.4 x 20.7 cm)
- WEIGHT: 5.5 lbs. (2.5 kg)
DB25 Normal Crossover Application showing “Normal Position”:
Model 7286 DB25 crossover switch is shown in NORMAL position. Device A is connected to Device C, while Device B is connected to Device D in the NORMAL state. The DB9 REMOTE and lockout the front panel, obtain switch status and control the switch via dry contact closure transition signals.
DB25 Normal Crossover Application showing “Crossover Position”:
Model 7286 DB25 Crossover switch is shown in Crossover position. Device A is connected to Device D while Device B is connected to Device C in the CROSSOVER state. The DB9 REMOTE and lockout the front panel, obtain switch status and control the switch via dry contact closure transition signals.
- Switch allows selection between Normal and Crossover position.
- Facilitates quick and easy EXCHANGE of connections from two computers to either of two peripherals.
- The ports are transparent to all data.
- All (25) pins of the DB25 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- The unit maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Remote Contact Closure control and status provides dry contact logic to allow the control of the switch position and lockout state as well as obtain the present position.
- Front panel LEDs display the present switch position and power status.
- Custom length data cables available.
- For a DB25 Crossover Network Switch with ASCII RS232 Serial Remote Control, See Model 7285, Cat No 307285.
- Municipalities, schools, government: This product is on GSA Schedule!
- See Companion product, Model 700 RS-232 Breakout Box.
The PathWay® Model 7286 DB25 Crossover Switch with Contact Closure Remote supports connections between four devices connected to the “A”, “B”, “C”, and “D” ports in either a “Normal” or “Crossover” configuration. The Model 7286 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal, black chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shielding and fit in a standard 19” rack.
The switch may be controlled manually via the front panel pushbutton or remotely from a DB9 port located on the rear of the unit.
Switch position state may be attained via the front panel LED display or by a set of dry contacts on the remote DB9 port.
Ask about our popular Model 700 RS-232 Breakout Box.
Tri-State LED's monitor the data interface for fault isolation
This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here for GSA details.
Model 7286 is available to government purchasers on our GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Call for discounted price and terms.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.