PORT CONNECTORS: (3) LC Simplex Female connectors labeled A, B, and COMMON.
FIBER: 9/125 micron, 1310 nm & 1500 nm.
FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Pushbutton allows local switching (No remote control).
POWER: UL approved 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
DISPLAY: (2) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
DIMENSIONS: 19.0" W x 1.75" H x 8.76" D. (48.3 x 4.4 x 22.3 cm)
WEIGHT: Approximately 4.2 lbs. (2.0 kg)
QucikSwitch® LC Simplex A/B Fiber Optic Switch Application:
The drawing illustrates a COMMON Fiber Optic device connected to the COMMON port with access to two devices, Fiber Optic Device A and Fiber Optic Device B, connected to the LC simplex A and B ports, respectively. The fiber optic unit supports 1310 nm and 1500 nm.
- Allows quick connection to any one of two LC fiber optic interface devices from one COMMON port.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All fiber signals are switched via break-before-make MEMS-based mirror/prism switch technology and supports Gigabit data rates.
- Switch maintains position and continues to pass data during power loss.
- Switch powers up in the last known position.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- No Remote Control.
- Front panel LED's display present position and power status.
- All A, B, and COM ports are LC, Single mode, 9/125 micron, and support a wavelength of 1310 nm & 1500 nm.
- Ideal for fallback applications.
- Optical data throughput scalability.
- Custom length, rigorously tested and certified LC fiber optic cables available for your switch installation.
The QuickSwitch® 6316 Single Channel LC Simplex A/B Switch allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device, connected to the "COMMON" port, among two other devices, connected to the "A" or "B" ports. The QuickSwitch® 6316 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal, black chassis designed to fit in a standard 19" rack.
The switch may be controlled locally by manually operating the front-panel pushbutton. The front panel LED display indicates the switch position and unit power status.
Wide Range Power Option Available: (Cat. No. 517277) CE, RoHS and UL listed table mount power module,100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz for use in place of standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
TO READ THE ARTICLE: "HOW TO DETERMINE THE RIGHT FIBER OPTIC NETWORK BACKUP SWITCH FOR YOUR APPLICATION", click link to read as a pdf. You need Acrobat Reader to view the file.
QuickSwitch® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Switches are available in many configurations: auto fallback, switch/converters, multimode & single mode, and secure off-line positions. Check out our complete line of QuickSwitch® fiber optic switches.
For custom fiber optic network switches contact our friendly sales support staff at 401-943-1164; or email: email@example.com, or complete our On-Line Custom Fiber Optic Switch Form:/Products-Custom/Fiber-Switch/
Electro Standards can supply all your Fiber Optic Cable requirements.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateurs à fibres optiques, interruptores de fibra óptica, switch in fibra ottica, switches de fibra óptica, fiberoptiska switcher.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.