Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, DB9
Model 7213 8-to-1 DB9 Switch with RS232 Serial Remote
Outstanding DB9 Interface Switching Capability in Only 1U Height!
Field Proven, Highly Reliable!
Ideal for Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) purchase applications.
- PORT CONNECTORS: (9) DB9 female connectors labeled A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H and COMMON.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROLS: (8) manual pushbuttons allow local switching.
- DISPLAY: (8) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE CONTROL: (1) DB9 female connector on rear panel accepts ASCII RS232 Serial Data for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC-240VAC, 50Hz-60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount, 19.0" W x 1.75" H x 10.13" D. (48.2 x 4.4 x 25.8 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 6.1 lbs. (2.8 kg)
PathWay® Model 7213 8-to-1 DB9 Application with RS232 Serial Remote:
The drawing illustrates a COMMON device connected to the DB9 COMMON port with access to eight other devices, A, B, C, D, E, F, G, and H connected to the DB9 ports labeled A, B, C, D, E, F, G and H. The COMMON port is connected to one device at a time (Either Device A, B, C, D, E, F, G or H). The DB9 Remote port can be used to control the unit remotely via RS232 ASCII Commands.
- Allows access to eight networks / devices from one computer or workstation.
- All 9 pins of the DB9 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- Eliminates the need to plug and unplug cables.
- Transparent to data speed and format.
- Local control via front-panel pushbutton.
- All switched signals are passed via latching copper contact relays that maintain their position and continuity even in the event of power loss or failure.
- Remote RS232 ASCII commands that allow the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations, obtain switch status, query firmware version number, query serial number, and enable/disable autosend of switch positions.
- Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- Attractive all metal black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Custom length DB9 data cables for this switch are available.
- Municipalities, schools, government: This product is on GSA Schedule!
The PathWay Model 7213 8 to 1 DB9 Switch with RS232 Serial Remote allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device connected to the "COM" port among eight other devices connected to the "A", "B", "C", 'D', "E", "F", "G", and "H" ports. The Model 7213 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal black chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shielding and fit in a standard 19" rack.
The switch may be controlled locally by the front panel pushbuttons or remotely from the DB9 Female port located on the rear of the unit using Serial ASCII Commands. Switch position states may be attained locally via the front panel LED display or remotely using Serial Commands.
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE (Cat. No. 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC-240VAC, 50Hz-60Hz for use in place of the standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
SPECIFICATIONS: USB to DB9 Serial Converter Cable Available! If only USB ports are available on the computer or if a USB port is chosen to be used for any reason, a USB to DB9 serial converter cable will be needed. This cable can be provided by ESL under part number 528693.
This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here for GSA details.
Model 7213 is available to government purchasers on our GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Call for discounted price and terms.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.